Author Topic: DALTON, Coggeshall  (Read 5381 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: DALTON, Coggeshall
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 July 17 03:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks amondg for those two marriages, I already had them noted and correctly but I was pleased to be able to do a double check, just in case!  ;D

PS In my records I show Rebeckah/Rebecca Dalton marrying Robert Young 27 Oct 1819, I recall that I couldn't find anything to disprove that the Rebecca Dalton daughter of Michael and Jane wasn't the same Rebecca Dalton who married Robert Young.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 July 17 05:57 BST (UK) »
Neither could I especially since Robert signed at Isaac's wedding and Rebecca signed at Abraham's, close relatives usually are witnesses.

I have Rebekah born 13 September 1797 and baptized on 1 October 1797.

Michael Dalton married Jane Howard a widow 11 October 1796, I assume the research has her maiden name as Anthony.

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 16 July 17 01:37 BST (UK) »
My research shows Rebecca baptised on the 2nd of October but of course I may be wrong, the other dates you mention in your last post match mine.

Jane Anthony's second marriage was interesting, I found it in my early days of researching, from memory the marriage banns have her as Jane Anthony and the marriage entry as Jane Howard, or it could be vice versa.  Over the years some of my data has been moved through several databases and some of the notes lost and Jane's marriage a victim, looks like I'll have to recheck that some time.  I do show her as Jane Anthony but note her first marriage to James Howard 31 Oct 1788 at Coggeshall, I also have noted a child of the first marriage Samuel Howard born 24 Mar 1789 and baptised 23 Apr 1789 at Coggeshall.

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 July 17 06:40 BST (UK) »
Yesterday was the Coggeshall transcription. Looked at the original on Seax, there is a piece of tape on the edge of the page that obscures the date, however the first 3 are bracketed together for the 1st, then the next two are bracketed so presumably meaning the 2nd,  for the baptism of Rebekah Dalton.

The marriage of James Howard to Jane Anthony was on 31 October 1788, banns read 5,12,19 October
number 143 in register. No witnesses the rector used the banns register to record the marriage above the banns dates.

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 17 July 17 04:38 BST (UK) »
Hi amondg,

Your mention of that piece tape has jogged my memory, now I remember that I contacted the Archivist section of the ERO and requested a check of Rebeckah's baptism date for and they stated it was the 2nd of Oct 1797.  I have submitted quite a few similar requests to the Archivists and each time they have come up trumps for me, the staff at the ERO are certainly a great bunch of people.

Now that I've remembered it I'd better add that to my family group sheet, I would no doubt have the email with the Archivist's verdict but since it was quite a while back it's probably on my previous PC which fortunately I still have and in working condition.

Thanks for jogging my memory these days it needs some jogging occasionally, it been a horrific year for me, since the 18th of January I've had:-
A cancer cut out of my gum and replaced with a piece from my forearm.

Came out of Hospital on the 25th of January with what I now now was the start of an Acute Renal Failure.

Admitted to the Hospital Emergency on the 3rd of February with my Kidneys down to 15% functioning, apparently whilst in Hospital for the Cancer my Prostrates further enlarged to block my Bladder so I had to have a Catheter fitted.

That was followed with 30 Radio Therapies over 6 weeks.

So because of all the above, the resulting sleep deprivation and losing 12 Kilos which I could ill afford to lose I'm quite a bit weakened, both my short and long time memory are still good but at the moment they sometimes need a jog.  It's taken quite a while for me to get back motivation for Family Research and finding out where I left off prior to the 18th of January

However I am improving day by day, I'm just very grateful that I was pretty fit for my age prior to hospitalization.

Not quite finished with Hospital yet, on the 24th of this month I have chosen to go back in to have my prostrates shaved by laser with the aim of getting rid of this blankety blank catheter and bags.

Just before last Xmas I had planned to take out a sub to SEAX around February/ March time but haven't yet felt I could do it justice, hopefully it won't be too long before I'm firmly back in the saddle.