Author Topic: Pld message NEW request  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Marshallken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pld message NEW request
« on: Wednesday 21 September 11 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hello, not been doing much research for quite some time, then this week I got a message evidentally back in Dec 2010 which I never picked up/ Please see below. If anyone out there knows who sent this PLEASE contact me again..I am fascinated

this is the mesage I got and it said via Rootschat

Posted by David (U14718274) on Thursday, 9th December 2010
Ada Mary was the daughter of my great great grandfather, George Keenlyside and his wife, Dorothy (nee Wilkinson). George was a blacksmith born in Stanhope in 1835 and died in Hebburn in 1883. Ada was born in West Hartlepool - the family were living in the Trimdon/Kelloe/Hartleppo area before moving to Tyneside. My great grandfather John George, Ada's brother was born in Castle Eden in 1866.

George was the son of Robert Keenlyside and Isabella Dunwoody. They married in Hexham in 1814. I have a photo of Dorothy, but none of other Keenlysides other than my great grandfather and my grandmother Violet Keenlyside.

Dorothy Wilkinson's parents were Matthew Wilkinson and Mary Burrell, so you were on the right track!

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pld message NEW request
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 September 11 11:13 BST (UK) »
Are you sure you are on the right site ?

The user number (U14718274) seems to identify the post as coming from a BBC board - possibly the BBC family history board
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Marshallken

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 September 11 12:54 BST (UK) »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS ADVICE, I'M A BIT BEWILDERED TO WHERE IT CAME FROM BUT WILL LOOK THERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. THANKS AGAIN ROSEMARY

Offline Northernlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 October 17 13:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

I posted the message some years ago.  I have a a failryl extensive tree of my Keenlyside ancestors if you are interested?

Kind regards

David

Offline blythian

• RootsChat Extra
  • YOUNG, TAYLOR, HENDERSON, KEENLYSIDE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 October 17 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi NorthernLad,

I'm a descendant of the Keenlysides originating from Ninebanks/Allendale (my lot are from North Seaton/Cambois), can i send you a PM later on today just to clarify a question i've had for a while?

Many Thanks
Northumberland: Young, Parker, Wolens, Keenlyside, Taylor, Costello
Scotland: Dempster, Henderson, Jackson, M(a)cMillan, M(a)cLanders
Ireland (Co.Mayo): Monaghan, Costello

+ all variations of above names.