Author Topic: Linford family  (Read 7308 times)

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Linford family
« on: Thursday 22 September 11 17:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have a family that emigrated to the USA in 1921 and 1922.  They were a Preston weaving family.  The eldest daughter Teresa Ellen went to Massachusetts in 1921 and her mother Isabella and three sisters when to Plainfield Connecticut in 1922.  I am guessing that Teresa Ellen had moved there to work in a mill and they went to join her.  The dad and two brothers it seemed stayed in Preston.

Apart from the death of the mother Isabella in Norwich Connecticut in 1951, I am stuck as to if the daughters married, had children and what happened to them.  Any help would really be appreciated, because I don't know where to look.

Thanks

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Linford family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 22 September 11 17:24 BST (UK) »
There are markings on the manifest indicating that Isabella & her 3 daughters were naturalized.  There is more information on manifest markings here:  http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/

I found an entry on a naturalization index for an Isabella Reguin (Linford) from Great Britain.  She was living at 2 1/2 S. Third Ave., Taftville, Connecticut and was naturalized in New London Co. Court on 10 Nov. 1936. 

There is an entry on the Social Security Death index for Isabella L. Reguin, born 8 Dec 1908, died 9 Jan 2003, and last residence of Norwich, Connecticut.  Seems like it might match the daughter.

I found an obituary for a Theresa (Reguin) Meskiewicz of Norwich, born in Taftville, CT on 4 Oct. 1938 to Paul & Isabella Reguin.  Perhaps she was named after Isabella's sister.

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 22 September 11 17:26 BST (UK) »
There is an obituary for Isabelle here and she seems to be a match for your family:  http://www.rootschat.com/links/0f6l/

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 September 11 17:36 BST (UK) »
Ruth Margaret Linford married Albert Korab according to anc. tree.
Appears they had 4 children.

Isabella 1931 - 1934 and Winifred Mary Korab born 10 th July 1935  (married to Vancelette) died  1 st December 2004  Vista, California,

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0f6n/

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0f6o/

Ruth M Korab. Born 1905. Aged 58 years  - Died 17 Nov 1963 - Norwich, New London, Connecticut
Marital Status:   Married
Spouse:   Albert

Albert died in 1968. Born 19 April 1902 and Died December 1968

Albert Korab

Last Residence:   06360  Norwich, New London, Connecticut,
SSN was issued in Connecticut (Before 1951)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 September 11 19:58 BST (UK) »
There is an obituary for Ruth Korab in Google News Archives that lists her surviving sisters as Mrs. John Livesey of North Adams, Massachusetts and Mrs. Paul Reguin of the Taftville section. 

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 September 11 23:01 BST (UK) »
I found an obituary for Theresa Helena Livesey who died in North Adams, Mass. on 10 Feb. 1976.  She was survived by her husband John, sister Mrs. Paul Reguin, 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren.

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 September 11 23:08 BST (UK) »
I also found an article about the Liveseys' 50th wedding anniversary with a picture of them.  It says they lived near each other in England, but didn't meet until they were in the US.   If you want a copy of it, send me your e-mail address in a private message.

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 September 11 23:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all of your help.  I will look through it all and it has been so helpful.  The only sister that I now don't have information on is the youngest one Honora Linford who was born in 1916.

Sally

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 September 11 23:28 BST (UK) »
Also, it would help if they didn't change their names!  Teresa Ellen becomes Theresa Helena and Ruth becomes Ruth Margaret and I have all their birth certificates!  I had gone through the 1930 census looking for a Teresa Ellen!   :o