Author Topic: Ancient Ireland Ochiltree or MacUchtrie ?  (Read 4901 times)

Offline LuRose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancient Ireland Ochiltree or MacUchtrie ?
« on: Saturday 24 September 11 03:53 BST (UK) »
This is the second generation of my Ochiltrees from Ireland, I am searching for the parents or grandparents of this family.  They would have been in the Ulster Plantation with Good Lord Ochiltree, possibly back to Scotland by 1745 then on to America by the time of the American Revolutionary War...They would have landed in MD, VA, Ohio or DELaware...The three brothers would be Alexander, Matthew and Michael.

I would really appreciate look ups and I thank you.

LuRose

TITHE APPLOTMENT BOOKS:
1833 - Ochiltree - Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1834 - David Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1832 - David Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1834 - James Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1833 - John Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1834 - Mathew Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1833 - Michael Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1834 - Robert Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
1834 - Robert Ochiltree, Kilclooney, Armagh
1834 - Robery Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh

GRIFFITHS VALUATION YEAR 1860
David Ochiltree, Kilclonney, Armagh
John Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
John Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
Martha Mary Ochiltree , Mullaghbrack, Armagh
Mary Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
Mathew Ochiltree, Kilclooney, Armagh
Mathew Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
Mathew Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
Michael Ochiltree, Mullaghbrack, Armagh
Uchiltre, MacUchtraigh of Gall, Tyrone Ire, Ochiltree, Williams. MacDonald

Offline maidmarianoops

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • somewhere over the rainbow
    • View Profile
Re: Ancient Ireland Ochiltree or MacUchtrie ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 September 11 04:40 BST (UK) »
i hope this can help
sylvia

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0f7u/

Moderator Comment: URL modified, as it was 'stretching' the screen. Please use Shrink Link at bottom of page.
notts/derbys clark
      "        "      stenson
        "       "    nicholson
       "     "        jarvis
                         castledine
    rhodes

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 September 11 08:13 BST (UK) »
Are these the three brothers you mentioned in an earlier post? If so, you already seem to know the names of the parents and I can't see any sign that they came to Ireland  :-\

I would like for you to find the graves of Allan Alexander Ochiltree and wife, Marion Euing .  They both were born in Renfrew Allan 1730 and Maryon 1733.  They had three sons, Matthew, Michael and Alexander,  two daughters, Mary and Elizabeth.  The five siblings left Scotland for America after Culloden and before the American Revolutionary War settling in the VA or Del...states...

The parents, Allan and Marion ..stayed behind..  I am so hoping they always lived in Renfrew and that you can find their graves. 
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 September 11 08:16 BST (UK) »
Just found another of your posts for this family- the dates of which do not match up with the other post.

I would like information on:

Alexander Allen Ochiltree
B: 1700 Renfrew Scotland
Wife: Maryon Euing

They had three sons who came to America:

Alexander born 22 April 1733  Renfrew
Died:  28 May 1778 by Indians in Lewis County VA,

Michael  born Renfrew,,,came to America
Matthew born Renfrew..came to America

These brothers were sent to America as indentured servants after the Battle of Cullodon..They were accompanied by sisters, Mary and Elizabeth.

The parents did not leave Scotland.  I have no other pertinent information, this is what I downloaded from the LDS Library.

To prove my lineage I have to account for the two generations before Alexander Allen and Mary Euing.  I would surely appreciate help...

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline LuRose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 September 11 17:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for all your asistance and I know it really sound jumbled. The other family members seem to think that the Renfrew is wrong and that our line is an ancient original line of the Lennox family in Ireland before they ever went to Scotland to live.

I understand there are three lines, one in Ireland, one in Scotland and one in England.  These are all under different spellings, like, MacAughtrie, etc..The name as we know it know was anglicized by Duke of Argyll in 1400 ca...from Mac Uchtre of Gall to Ochiltree..

I may not be able to decipher all the names but I thank you for your diligence...
Uchiltre, MacUchtraigh of Gall, Tyrone Ire, Ochiltree, Williams. MacDonald

Offline R. Don Wright

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 April 18 02:01 BST (UK) »
I believe I am the 7th great grandson of Alexander Ocheltree and Elizabeth McCoy

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 19 April 18 02:57 BST (UK) »
My Mum was a McAughtrie!!👍👍 She was born in Glasgow, and my Grandad was born in Ayrshire.  For years I've been trying to find out when my McAughtries first came to Scotland, but the earliest I have them is in Falkland, Fife, 1730, and then Wigtown 1764.  Below are my tree profile notes, as produced by Ancestry.

According to other trees on Ancestry, no one seems to have got back any further than the 1730 Falkland Fife Caughtrees!  (Plenty of name variations for McAughtrie around 😀 Too many, including mine, mostly with Christian names being either Thomas or William right through the McA families living in Ayrshire. It's been difficult sorting out which ones are part of my direct line, as all the brothers seem to follow the Scottish naming pattern! 

"William Coughtree was born in 1730 in Falkland, Fife. He had four sons and one daughter with Nicolas Sheveland between 1764 and 1776.

When Thomas Coughtree was born on 13 October 1764 in Wigtown, Wigtownshire, his father, William, was 34 and his mother, Nicolas, was 31. He married Isabella McTaggart on 14 October 1792 in his hometown. They had 11 children in 36 years. He died in 1863 in Girvan, Ayrshire, at the impressive age of 99".

I also have a reference to Renfrew

Robina McCubbin was born 1776, she married John McGaw, 29 October, 1799, in Renfrew, Renfrewshire. They had one child, Elizabeth McGaw.

When Elizabeth McGAW was born in 1803 in England, her father, John McGaw was 26, and her mother, Robina McCubbin was 27.  Elizabeth McGaw married William McAUGHTRIE on 24 April 1824 in Girvan, Ayrshire, Scotland. They had 12 children in 22 years. She died on 23 February 1862 in Girvan, Ayrshire, at the age of 59.

Robina McCubbin was born 1776, she married John McGaw, 29 October, 1799, in Renfrew, Renfrewshire. They had one child, Elizabeth McGaw.

They don't make it easy for us, do they  ??? ??? ;D
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections