Author Topic: Livermore cambridge  (Read 3813 times)

Offline caro c

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Livermore cambridge
« on: Saturday 24 September 11 20:39 BST (UK) »
Hi, can anyone help with linking a Joseph livermore from essex to the Livermores in cambridge please. Other names on tree are sarah Ann Livermore , mary ann Livermore 1863-1942 and Witney family.
Thanks
Caro x
Brooks,Lamb, livermore, Buckley, Scarrott, Draper

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Livermore cambridge
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 September 11 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

Joseph livermore from essex

Born when?

What is his connection to the other Livermores - wife/children/siblings
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline caro c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 September 11 21:10 BST (UK) »
Hi CaroleW. joseph Livermore 1890 born sittingbourne married Matilda Stone. want to know if linked to Mary ann Livermore1863-1942 who marries john witney1862-1920. her mum sarah ann livermore father unknown. her parents joseph livermore 1799-1838(born cambridge died yorkshire) and Ann freshwater 1808. other livermores in family are Kate livermore married thomas webb  and a lewis Livermore all lived in eastwood at some stage. just need to establish if they are different livermores or same family and where is the link ?
Thanks
Caro 
Brooks,Lamb, livermore, Buckley, Scarrott, Draper

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 24 September 11 23:06 BST (UK) »
joseph Livermore 1890 born sittingbourne married Matilda Stone

If you check freebmd - that marriage was in 1897 so Joseph could not have been born in 1890

The 1901 shows he was b 1841 in London and Matilda was b 1833 in Corfu Greece

Joseph had 2 daughter Florence b 1877 Christchurch Dorset and Lavinia b 1886 Portsmouth Hampshire

Joseph was a labourer in an iron foundry and Lavinia was a corset machinist - are you sure they were travellers?
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 September 11 23:12 BST (UK) »
I think you need to look at the 1881 entry for Florence Livermore - Matilda was nee Peel - not Stone

Matilda Peel married Joseph Livermore in 1870 - see freebmd

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 April 16 14:36 BST (UK) »
Hi CaroleW. joseph Livermore 1890 born sittingbourne married Matilda Stone. want to know if linked to Mary ann Livermore1863-1942 who marries john witney1862-1920. her mum sarah ann livermore father unknown. her parents joseph livermore 1799-1838(born cambridge died yorkshire) and Ann freshwater 1808. other livermores in family are Kate livermore married thomas webb  and a lewis Livermore all lived in eastwood at some stage. just need to establish if they are different livermores or same family and where is the link ?
Thanks
Caro

I know this post was some time ago, but hope op will get notifictaion.

I am researching Livermores of Cambs / herts / essex

I have Joseph Livermore bapt 18 July 1799 Barley herts, death reg q1 1838 Royston dist (Herts) married Ann Freshwater 31 Dec 1826 Melbourn (just over border in Cambs). At this time northern half of Royston was in Cambs and southern half in Herts. I have two children for the couple James b abt 1834 and  Sarah b abt 1838.
Joseph was previously married to Ruth Chapman and had two children with her - Joseph 1821 and William 1823. Ruth was buried 30 Mar 1824 in Barley (presumably at St Margaret of Antioch).

Of Joseph's children I only have marriage and family for Joseph jnr, so would be interested in any information about the others. I have traced Joseph.s ancestors back to James Livermore and Frances Webb who married 10 Jun 1718 in Littlebury.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Thermos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 March 17 23:35 GMT (UK) »
I noticed mention of my Great Great Grandperants John & Mary Witney, only as far as I know Mary never actually married John her Grave stone has Witney on it but her Death was Registered as Livermore.
I would be interested in any information you might have, When searching you need to know they oftern used the name Webb in our family instead of Witney, it was secret but guess it long ago now.
I'm also searching for anyone looking into the Stone side of my family & any of the Romany history we have I know the Livermores & Witney's/Webbs &a Stones used to travel between Cambridge, Essex Eastwood Estate, and Kent
My Dad remembers my Great Nana talking of walking to Kent for the hop picking They owned Land that way they used to stop at.
If anybody knows more that would be great thanks
Michael

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 March 17 11:16 GMT (UK) »
I think we may have more than one (unrelated) families of Livermore her. Although it appears to be a rare name, it is surprisingly common in Essex, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and in London (particularly Enfield / Edmonton area) and some of the London ones were certainly were migrants from Essex.

Have we actually established where all the  Joseph Livermores were actually born and when? And which of them are definitely connected to the OP.

We seem to have 
Joseph Livermore 1799-1838 (born Cambridge died Yorkshire according to OP) - I have this one baptised in Barley in 1799 s/o of John Livermore and Elizabeth nee Ridgell. Barley is a village 4 miles SE of Royston. He married his first wife in Barley in 1820, she died in 1824 and is buried in Barley. He married his second wife Ann Freshwater in Melbourn on 31 Dec 1826. Melbourn is a village just over the Cambridgeshire border 3.5 NE of Royston. (I have spelt it correctly - there is no "e" on Melbourn, Cambs). This Joseph did not die in Yorkshire - His death is registered in Royston / Buntingford district in 1838 Q1 age at death 39. I have some information on his children - Joseph jnr (from 1st marriage) and Sarah Ann (from 2nd marriage)

Joseph Livermore b 1841 in London, married Matilda Peel 1870  and had children born in Hampshire - not researched this one - but he is possibly the one born in Marylebone s/o Daniel. As his wife was born in Corfu, and oldest child born Aldershot it is likely he was in the army, the is a Chelsea pensioner record for a Joseph of correct age born Marylebone and there is a Joseph b abt 1841 in Marylebone. His father Daniel is a cabman. There is a baptism of a Joseph to daniel Livermore and Isabella in the Workhouse chapel Marylebone on 14 May 1840 (dob 21 Jan 1840) which might fit. Can't find his birth reg to check mother's maiden name. 

Joseph Livermore who married Matilda Stone in 1897. - Probably descendant of Sarah Ann (see above)

Are Joseph #1 and #3 connected to OP and Joseph #2 a red herring?

Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Thermos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 05 March 17 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My Great Grandmother that remembers going hop picking in Kent was Alice Stone she Married my Great Grandfather Walter Witney/Webb his mother was Mary Ann Livermore, she was defiantly from Cambridge I think Melbourne/Royston Cambridge.
I'm waiting to hear back from a family member who has gone quite a long way back on the Livermore & Witney/Webb side of the family I have quite a bit of the information there is Joseph's in that defiantly a Sarah Ann Livermore my GGG grandmother I think & my GG grandmother was Mary Ann Livermore (Polly) don't think she actually married my GG grandfather John Witney/Webb I will get all the information in front of me & post something thanks
Michael