Author Topic: johan mckay  (Read 15834 times)

Offline Tearlach

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: johan mckay
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 16 March 13 23:33 GMT (UK) »
I think you must have the wrong Margaret if I'm honest. That would mean that she had 4 kids to 3 different guys? I'm confused that she's your ggg grandma and your 58 she's my ggg and I'm only 28? I just assumed that if you were posting these facts the now that you'd have a census or death/birth Certs etc on your pc to email to me

:-) I'm not 58, I'm only 53.....  My kids

As you will see from the note above, Margaret was 16 when she had my GGGrandmother, but a wee bit older when she had yours. After four generations there can be a "timeslip" so that whilst my oldest son is just a couple of years younger than you, we may share the same generational relatives.

Indeed, cos of large familes and oldest/youngest stuff I have one grandfather, born 1899 and who served in WW1, alongside his great uncle born 1885......
Tearlach MacDaid

Offline jowall84j

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 17 March 13 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Things aren't matching up my Johan was born in 1879 and Margaret's mum and dad are Donald Mackay and donaldina Morrison? Donaldina dad is George Morrison and donaldina often gets written as dolina in census reports..

Hmmm well I know one of the mccullochs somewhere down the line was the chief of police in glasgow. I'm sure my gran said he stayed on Dudley drive, glasgow. It's been more than a nightmare tracking this woman!! On my wedding cert for Johan & Hugh wedding Margaret has wrote that her maiden name was mcivor and that she was mcculloch previously McKay

Offline jowall84j

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 17 March 13 01:02 GMT (UK) »
My mums 52 this year, how are we related then? I'm named after My gran Johan and she is name after her gran who is johan Mackay! I've found a lot of distant relatives recently from all the trees I'm doing and I plan on doing a holiday up north to see where there all from, Durness looks beautiful