Author Topic: WESTMAN / FURLONG  (Read 12810 times)

Offline Westie51

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WESTMAN / FURLONG
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 31 May 18 05:29 BST (UK) »
Hi John
Yes we live in Sydney. I'll have to dig out all the info I discovered as well and share that with you. I know the family lived at Glebe. Before that they lived in the city in Pacific St(I think) which is where the entrance to the harbour Bridge is now. Did you have a copy of the ships records? They came to Australia on the Isabella 18 Oct 1840

My records indicate that your Richard married Sarah Anne?

John and his family moved to Cleveland St near the University and it was there that Richard (snr) passed away after being hit by an omnibus (basically a horse and carriage) - I have a copy of the newspaper report about the accident that I'll dig out and send to you. He passed away aged 65 in 1880.

John then moved to Redfern.

I've been to Mountmellick a couple of times now. I'm in contact with some Westmans over there. It's very interesting tracing your roots back. I do have records for all of Johns siblings and I will try to dig this out.

Are you on Facebook and do you have an email address where I might be able to scan and send some of these artefacts?

BTW - what age bracket are you? Were Richard and Ellen your Great Great grandparents or Great, Great, Great Grandparents?

Sincerely
David Westman

* Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to echange e-mail addresses.  New members need to make two or three posts in order to be able to access this system.  Thanks  :)

Offline beato

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WESTMAN / FURLONG
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 03 June 18 03:52 BST (UK) »
Dear Westie51,
I have now replied direct to you email which has since been removed.
John