Author Topic: Help Request : William Edwards (Ysgeifiog)  (Read 14844 times)

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Request : William Edwards (Ysgeifiog)
« Reply #18 on: Friday 07 October 11 10:28 BST (UK) »
Pleased to see that such good progress has been made.

I assume that the name of Sarah, shown with William's household in the 1841, must have been a mistranscription.

Some of the parish records for Ysceifiog are on Freereg. There are baptisms for the period after 1812 but I cannot find anything for baptisms for children of John and Ann Edwards. There were a couple by the name of John and Sarah Edwards baptising children in the years 1817-1823 at least. There may be more. John was a Miner and Sarah's maiden name was Roberts.

Jo.

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 07 October 11 13:16 BST (UK) »
The Ysceifiog records on Freereg aren't for the parish church but for the chapels in Babell and Lixum  :)
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline nibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 October 11 13:35 BST (UK) »
hi my family of Luke's come from the tremeirchion  area might be the same Luke maybe it is worth a look

Wendy
hughes mills redfern thomas price peirce Evans /luke flintshire and turner rochdale turner/miller salt lake city Utah and miller wintersberg germany/stott rochdale /healey rochdale /dyson flint

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 07 October 11 16:19 BST (UK) »

I assume that the name of Sarah, shown with William's household in the 1841, must have been a mistranscription.

Some of the parish records for Ysceifiog are on Freereg. There are baptisms for the period after 1812 but I cannot find anything for baptisms for children of John and Ann Edwards. There were a couple by the name of John and Sarah Edwards baptising children in the years 1817-1823 at least. There may be more. John was a Miner and Sarah's maiden name was Roberts.

Jo.
Thanks for reminding me Jo.  :-[  I did find a baptism for parents William & Ann Edwards.
April 4 1863 Harriet.
 But William is a miner and with all his children with Sophia(except the first John) he was a labourer :-\

Paul.

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 07 October 11 16:20 BST (UK) »

Jo.

Offline ChrisEdwardsUSA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 October 11 16:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all for the valuable contributions  :) This exercise is like doing a huge jigsaw puzzle, but where all the pieces may not be available!

So it looks like my Great Great Grandfather was Henry, Born 1832-3 (son of the William we have been researching), is it possible to trace details of either Birth or Baptism to confirm names of both parents? (this will help us get over the Sophia/Sarah conundrum), I don't know if these records exist, or where to find them...

Chris
Edwards. Hadlington. Artell. Rogers. Harbage

Offline Rah1980

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 14 October 11 13:22 BST (UK) »
Baptism record of Henry Parry (Edwards) bastard child of William Edwards (Lab) and Sophia Parry abode Trefraith on 2nd June 1831

Sarah

PS I wasn't sure if this next one was yours but having looked up the family in 1841 I'm pretty sure it is baptism of Peter Parry (Parry) bastard child of Thomas Parry (Shoemaker) and Sophia Parry abode Halkyn on 1st Oct 1836
Flintshire Parry, Price, Lloyd, Jones, Williams, Roberts, Ellis, Holland and Davies. Mostly from Brynford area.
Denbighshire Hannam, Evans
Scotland Clark, Duff, Ferrier, Cruikshanks, Robertson, Anderson, Mciver, Finlayson, Hodge, Galloway and Barrie
Midlands Shaw, Davenport, Skidmore, Ball
Ireland Mccaffery

Offline ChrisEdwardsUSA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 17 October 11 17:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the response Sarah.

From this latest information it would seem reasonable to conclude that we have a positive link between Henry and the "right" William, with Sophia, even though Henry was born almost 7 years before the eventual marriage between them.

Having reached a conclusion on William, and having referred back to the baptism records previously provided by Sarah, William looks to have been born 1/9/1809, s/o John & Ann (Luke). This would fit with William's fathers name and dob on his marriage certificate.

Finding a baptism / birth record for a John Edwards (sometime pre 1790), is this possible, do these records even go back that far???

Regards, Chris
Edwards. Hadlington. Artell. Rogers. Harbage

Offline Jo Harding

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 18 October 11 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hello ChrisEdwardsUSA,

According to Genuki, the parish registers for St Mary, Ysceifiog, go back to 1662. You have much more to discover yet.  ;D

Jo.