Author Topic: Rosehill Cottage, Wellingborough, mentioned in 1853 will, where was it situated?  (Read 31339 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Rosehill Cottage, Wellingborough, mentioned in 1853 will, where was it situated?
« Reply #90 on: Sunday 09 November 14 15:00 GMT (UK) »
There is an article in The Mercury dated 5th October 1928 of James Dulley age 86 who died in Leicester the last male member of William Dulley who founded the brewery. It is interesting reading.

CraftyP
Like my Mum's family. Sadly so far as they are concerned I am a very lost sheep!!
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Mark Anthony Fysh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Rosehill Cottage, Wellingborough, mentioned in 1853 will, where was it situated?
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 11:30 BST (UK) »
Good morning
This is an old thread, but I came across it while researching my great-great-Grandfather's (David Dulley) home "Rosehill" in  Wellingborough. I have two photos dating from 1890 which don't help much, because one is taken in the garden and the other is a view of the garden taken from inside the house through a bay window.
Unfortunately, these photos appear to be to big to attach to this message. Should anyone be interested, I can email them to a supplied address.
Regards

Mark Fysh
Pretoria. South Africa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Thursday 03 August 17 17:59 BST (UK) »
David Dulley was my grandmother's great grandfather: David Dulley to Dr Benjamin Dulley to Mary Elizabeth (Dulley) Sharman, who was my grandmother's mother. Quite a few Dulley generations lived there.

Regards, Mark Fysh

Offline TicknerV

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark!

Glad you have picked up this old thread. Was your grandmother Lucy Sharman (b.c. 1860)? What siblings did Lucy have?

regards,

Vincent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 13:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Vincent

The 10 siblings of Lucy Sharman (some of her descendants live in the Cape, here in South Africa) are:
Ethel Mary, May, Fanny, Charlotte Elizabeth (mother of Reid Railton), Helen, Isabel (Norland {Nanny} Institute), Violet, Mary Nona (my grandmother), Hereward Reid, Margaret Pearce. Born to Matthew Reid and Mary Elizabeth (Dulley) Sharman of Ivy Lodge Wellingborough

Regards

Mark