Author Topic: richard jarvis  (Read 5445 times)

Offline jackhonour

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: richard jarvis
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 January 13 20:24 GMT (UK) »
On my family tree, I have details of an Elizabeth Jarvis who married William Plumb on the 29th December 1796 in Fritwell: any relation?

Looking on Google Maps and there's a Jarvis Lane in nearby Bicester.

Offline BHamend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 18 January 13 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Nanagrampy,

Fritwell, Hethe, Launton are all with fairly easy walking distance of Bicester. We have James born about 1794 in my list. In those days it was not that unusual for babies to come along a couple of years or so before a marriage. James is as far back as my list goes with the Jarvis line I'm afraid -  and I cannot provide chapter and verse on that. I know nothing of his parents that I have so far recognised. Maybe someone else can help.
Can Jamajo say from her source if the burial of Richard b. 1829 at Launton in 1898 was at the Chapel or St Mary's? We think we know that he died in the hospital at Headington about that time.
I know that his son in law Richard Reeves b. 1852 at Launton, the husband of Mary Ann Jarvis b. 1851. Together with his Grandson Fred Reeves b. 1883 at Launton, my Granduncle, were buried at the Chapel.
I have not found the marriage of Mary Ann Jarvis to Richard Reeves.
John

Offline jamajo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My lovely gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 18 January 13 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again,

The burial of Richard is from The Church of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Launton.

Nanagrampy...Marriage from Fritwell PRs...

29 Dec 1796 William Plumb to Elizabeth (x) Jarvis
                   Wits...Robert Johnson, Joseph Jarvise

Sue :)
Norris  ( Somerset, Oxfordshire )
Evans  ( Berkshire )
Goodenough ( Berkshire )
Lloyd  ( Berkshire, Canada)
Dance ( Berkshire, Portsea, USA, )
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jamajo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My lovely gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 January 13 22:00 GMT (UK) »
 John here is the marriage you wanted from OFHS Launton PRs ....

5 Nov 1872 Richard Reeves, 22, b, l, otp son of John Reeves, l.
                  Mary Ann Jarvis, 21,sp,otp dau of Richard Jarvis, l
                 Wits...George Bloxham, Sarah Cross

Sue
Evans  ( Berkshire )
Goodenough ( Berkshire )

Offline jamajo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My lovely gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 January 13 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Oldfart1946, Just a little more The parents of Richard JARVIS, I have as James JARVIS born about 1794 at Launton and Elizabeth RUTTER born about 1792 at Hethe. I believe they were married at Fritwell on 15th July 1809. James died at Launton about 22nd October 1857 and Elizabeth died at Launton about 21st December 1881.

There is no Baptism for a James Jarvis at Launton and no baptism for Elizabeth Rutter at Heathe as far as i can see but the marriage is on Fritwell PRs as you said. The are both otp and wits are James Johnson and Hannah Jarvis...
There is a baptism in Fritwell for Elizabeth Rutter on 29 Dec 1782 dau of William and Mary...

Sue
Evans  ( Berkshire )
Goodenough ( Berkshire )

Offline BHamend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 20 January 13 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sue,
Many thanks for your work on the detail, mine is at the least, vague. I should have paid more attention to my source when I had the opportunity. Sadly she has long since passed away and is her earthly remains are now resting in the grounds of the Chapel. Thank you for the marriage of Richard Reeves and Mary Ann Jarvis, my Gt. Grandparents, I have put that in my tree.
Richard Reeves had a brother Edward B. 1855. It seems he emigrated to New Zealand about 1870. In Hastings, New Zealand on 25th June 1884 he married a Mary Hallesey. I have no detail of her birth. Edward died in Hastings about 1913 and Mary died there 26th November 1899. They had nine children and I have a list. One of them was a James Edward Reeves b. about 1890. He died in a mental hospital in Porirua, New Zealand abour 1964, I have no detail of his wife but they had 10 children, again I have a list. The youngest and most recent were twins born in 1939 who were placed in an orphanage when their Mum died and Edward lost his memory through his mental illness. I have been in contact with one of the twins. They have no knowledge of their Mother. Is this New Zealand branch of interest to you?
John

Offline jamajo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My lovely gran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 20 January 13 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello John,

Nice of you to offer but im afraid these families are nothing to do with me and i was just trying to help you all as i have the PRs for the places you was interested in.
It might be worth you posting on the New Zealand board for the families you mention, im sure they could help fill some gaps :)

Sue :)
Evans  ( Berkshire )
Goodenough ( Berkshire )

Offline BHamend

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 20 January 13 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sue,

Thanks anyway, John

Offline RobinR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 11 April 16 02:14 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

Please could you give me more details of the children of James Edward Reeves born 1890 in NZ who you had found died in Porrirua. I am trying to do some research about the Edward Reeves born 1856 in Launton who emigrated to NZ.

My grandparents were Frederick James Reeves (born 1883) and his wife was born as Ada Sarah Massey.
Frederick James' father was Richard Reeves born 1851 in Launton who married Mary Ann Jarvis in 1872.
I have found that Richard's eldest son was a Richard (Dick) Reeves born 1875 or 1876 in Launton who married a Polly ? in ? and that they had a Dick Reeves and a Polly Reeves. Please could you give me more details/correct the information I have.
I am Robin Reeves, son of James Reeves, the youngest son of Frederick James Reeves.
Many thanks,
Robin