Author Topic: Elizabeth Greeman  (Read 2001 times)

Offline hobikat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Greeman
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 February 18 21:30 GMT (UK) »
I know where she was in 1891 and who she married. I am aware of all that part of her history. I am really seeking descendants of Elizabeth. I have contact with some of her sister's lineage but am interested in Elizabeth's line.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 February 18 21:35 GMT (UK) »
OK as Elizabeth was approx 41 when she married 1896, any children, as have not followed this lady forwards!

EDIT Think the spelling should be LLANDEGVETH Monmouthshire in 1881, as I was born in Tonypandy/Pontypridd area in the Rhondda a long time ago but now in London, suggest possibly 30 miles away?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline hobikat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:43 GMT (UK) »
 :-[ Thanks for the spelling correction. I find the Welsh names of places particularly interesting :) to spell.

I am at the moment interested in geographical places. Some years ago, in a quest to find out about my grandfather's family, I travelled to the UK and did a trip through Gloucestershire and the Rhonnda Valley but didn't know what I was looking for.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:51 GMT (UK) »
As I see it at present from the GRO Index if I am correct Elizabeth if she married David Gwynne, had one daughter ( still checking) Emma b June qtr 1896 Merthyr Tydfil 11a 678 mmn Greenham

Should have travelled to Pontypool/Newport if you wanted to find Llandegveth in Monmouthshire?!

Think Emma is shown on FreeBMD as Emma GWYN who married an Albert I ( possibly Idris) Davies Dec qtr 1916 Merthyr Tydfil 11a 1377

Their are male Davies births in Merthyr Tydfil mmn Gwynne 1918/1925/1929
Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hobikat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 February 18 04:45 GMT (UK) »
 ;D
Building an itinerary as we speak for my next trip. I was running around the UK like a madperson looking for what I did not know. This next trip will be measured, well thought out and with purpose now that I have better information. Only problem is working out how one pronounces let alone spells some of these places

I know the Emma Gwynne/Gwynn/Davies part but thank you. I am just interested in anyone else that is chasing information on someone that I am too.  ;D