Author Topic: Elizabeth Greeman  (Read 3124 times)

Offline hobikat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Greeman
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 February 18 21:30 GMT (UK) »
I know where she was in 1891 and who she married. I am aware of all that part of her history. I am really seeking descendants of Elizabeth. I have contact with some of her sister's lineage but am interested in Elizabeth's line.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 February 18 21:35 GMT (UK) »
OK as Elizabeth was approx 41 when she married 1896, any children, as have not followed this lady forwards!

EDIT Think the spelling should be LLANDEGVETH Monmouthshire in 1881, as I was born in Tonypandy/Pontypridd area in the Rhondda a long time ago but now in London, suggest possibly 30 miles away?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hobikat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:43 GMT (UK) »
 :-[ Thanks for the spelling correction. I find the Welsh names of places particularly interesting :) to spell.

I am at the moment interested in geographical places. Some years ago, in a quest to find out about my grandfather's family, I travelled to the UK and did a trip through Gloucestershire and the Rhonnda Valley but didn't know what I was looking for.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 17 February 18 23:51 GMT (UK) »
As I see it at present from the GRO Index if I am correct Elizabeth if she married David Gwynne, had one daughter ( still checking) Emma b June qtr 1896 Merthyr Tydfil 11a 678 mmn Greenham

Should have travelled to Pontypool/Newport if you wanted to find Llandegveth in Monmouthshire?!

Think Emma is shown on FreeBMD as Emma GWYN who married an Albert I ( possibly Idris) Davies Dec qtr 1916 Merthyr Tydfil 11a 1377

Their are male Davies births in Merthyr Tydfil mmn Gwynne 1918/1925/1929
Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hobikat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 February 18 04:45 GMT (UK) »
 ;D
Building an itinerary as we speak for my next trip. I was running around the UK like a madperson looking for what I did not know. This next trip will be measured, well thought out and with purpose now that I have better information. Only problem is working out how one pronounces let alone spells some of these places

I know the Emma Gwynne/Gwynn/Davies part but thank you. I am just interested in anyone else that is chasing information on someone that I am too.  ;D