Author Topic: Ann Doris O'Brien  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Doris O'Brien
« on: Monday 10 October 11 08:44 BST (UK) »
Ann Doris O'Brien born abt. 1829 in County Mayo - the only clue toher family was a photograph with the name  Charles O"Brien on the back taken by a photographer in Cork.        Apparently when still at school she met a soldier, William Davis, from the 65th Regiment, 2nd Yorkshire Riding,  who had been sent to Ireland as a recruiting officer.   Not sure if they married in Ireland or England but in July 1846 their daughter Eleanor Davis was born at Brompton Barracks in Chatham, England and they left in September 1846  for New Zealand probably on the ship "Sir Robert Peel"   

Very poor information I know but if anyone can help would be great.

Philippa

Offline Suzibee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Doris O'Brien
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 April 12 04:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillipa

You have the same info that I have regarding Ann (nee O'Brien) who married ? William Davis and came out to NZ. Ann had 4 children and widowed in July 1859 when William drowned and Ann then remarried Octavius Laws Woodthorpe BOUSFIELD who had been in NZ since 1851 when he arrived from England aboard Travancore. Has there been any update from your end? I haven't had much luck either. How do you fit into the genealogical jigsaw?

Always curious 

Sue B
NZ
BROWN (anglicised from BRAUN) Heligoland, Germany, arrived NZ 1840 aboard Martha Ridgway),BOUSFIELD,RICHARDSON,BARNFATHER (england & NZ)

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 April 12 06:58 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage between William Davis (my great great grandfather) of Aldershot (he was a soldier) and Ann OBrien at Turlough Co. Mayo, Ireland on 28 Jan 1845 which would be the right year as my great grandmother  Eleanor Davis was born 1846.

Offline Suzibee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 May 15 02:00 BST (UK) »
HI Phillipa

Just continuing to try and find out more about Ann Doris O'Brien and wondering where you got the info about the marriage on 28 Jan 1845 at Turlough Clare Ireland??? I have tried to check it out online but am not having any luck. How's your tree progressing??? Hope you are having more luck than me.

Cheers
Genealogically yours
Sue B
BROWN (anglicised from BRAUN) Heligoland, Germany, arrived NZ 1840 aboard Martha Ridgway),BOUSFIELD,RICHARDSON,BARNFATHER (england & NZ)

Offline Suzibee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 04 May 15 02:01 BST (UK) »
Do you have another email that I can contact you on please? Do you have a tree on Ancestry?

Thanks

Sue B