Author Topic: ****** Using This Board ******  (Read 7626 times)

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
****** Using This Board ******
« on: Saturday 07 May 05 09:20 BST (UK) »
Please add any resources here, that you think will be useful for other RootsChatters.

Resources can be Books, Web-Sites, Museums, Exhibitions, Family History Societies, etc.

There are so many good resources that just a name doesn't help much, so please give us a short description of the resource, and why you think it is useful.

And give us your feedback, too !  If you see a resource here, and you find it good, and the description here doesn't say why it is good, then please tell us why you think it is good !

For Books and Web-Sites I personally use a self-invented LID-description !

that is L.I.D. as in

Links: Are there interesting and/or useful links here, do they point to data or info ?
Information: Is this resource informative - descriptions of places and people, maps, lists of records, addresses, etc.
Data: This is probably the bit most RootsChatters are immediately interested in:
Are there transcriptions of censuses, parish registers, tithe lists, poll lists, ANY Lists of names and places,  where I can look for my relatives and ancestors !!

Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)