Author Topic: William Henry Born Around 1715 or 1717  (Read 10828 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
William Henry Born Around 1715 or 1717
« on: Friday 30 September 11 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hello ALL! 

I am helping a friend who lost her Dad when he was only 37 years old following a divorce from her mother.  I have used ancestry.com as well as rootsweb and family search.  I have gotten back to William Henry born about 1715 and 1717.  I did find a book that said that William left Tyrone Ireland when he was about 18 years old following the marriage of his father to a second wife which he did not care for.  Apparently the family was of some wealth.  He became a Major in the Revolutionary War and lived until he was 102 or 104 years old.  I am trying to find his parents back in Ireland.  In one instance, someone on ancestry had put John Henry b 1695 as his father, but I have my doubts about that informaion.  I would LOVE some help here.  Thanks ONCE again! 
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
I thought I would try ONE more time to help a friend...
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 October 11 18:54 BST (UK) »
Major William Henry Sr. was a major in the Revolutionary War of the US.  Tradition stated he was born around 1715 in the Country Tyrone to wealthy parents but left when he was a teenager because his father married a second wife that William  did not like.  He first came to Virginia and died in South Carolina at the age of 104 years old.  I am trying to find his parents or his location in Ireland.  Usually rootschat folks can help. Thanks ONCE again.
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry Born Around 1715 or 1717
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 October 11 19:00 BST (UK) »
No need to start another thread for the same topic so I've merged your new post with the existing one.

Have a look at Introduction to Irish Records and My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 October 11 19:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info...I am going there now to look.  Truly do appreciate the help.

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 October 11 19:29 BST (UK) »
PS  I have ancestry and had done a great deal of searching for this fella...but had NO idea how to go further then what I have on the net.  Thanks again.

Offline scrappymom1208

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 April 13 00:33 BST (UK) »
Carole,

Did you ever find anything on William Henry Sr., born in 1715 in Tryone, Ireland?  He is my 5th great grandfather.  I haven't been able to find anything on him past him either.  The closest is a potential father of John Henry born around 1694 in Monaghan, Ireland, and his father as James Henry.  I cannot find anything or figure out where to go to verify the John Henry connection.  I am new to ancestry and do not have the experience you have.  You are doing this for a friend, so your friend and I seem to be related somewhere.  I'm from the William Henry Sr. -> Malcolm Henry -> Hugh Henry -> Malcolm McCune Henry -> Barney Calvin Henry -> John Franklin Henry -> James Robert Henry (my Daddy). I live in the Dallas area as well, Flower Mound.  Small world! --  Nydia

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 April 13 15:35 BST (UK) »
HI there Nydia...

I am over in Plano...quite close to you!  I worked a solid month on this family's tree to help them in their quest for family!

You should send me a PM and I can get your number in order to have Sherry give you a call...this was her direct line!

Do hope all is well!

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 April 13 15:41 BST (UK) »
Your Malcolm Henry 1755-1840 had a brother Captain John B Henry 1757-1833...she comes down through that line! 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 19 April 13 21:49 BST (UK) »
New members usually need 2/3 posts to use PM system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!