Author Topic: Jean Pierre Simmounds Born 1817 st Martins Jersey  (Read 11358 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Pierre Simmounds Born 1817 st Martins Jersey
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 13:28 BST (UK) »
Look at Jerrioedis.....an amazing site for all Jersey researchers
Ringros
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 13:29 BST (UK) »
Sorry...finger tapped wrong button...Jerripedia
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Geoff Chapman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 17 January 13 02:42 GMT (UK) »
Re Joannah O'Neill. Some researchers have her now being born at Marlow, County of Cork in a family of about 11 or 12 siblings. If you look at the conditions of the lower classes in Ireland in those days, no wonder that some of the children ended up in the Poor Houses. If fact,  I think they must have been lucky to get in, as many children at the time  must have died by starvation.
Jean Pierre Simounds continues to be a mystery- where he was born etc as no one can actually find a direct link in the channel Islands. There are several possibilities but nothing definate.
We do know that his father was John Simounds as it was recorded on his wedding certificate. His brother James apears to have came out from England and eventually died in 1902 at Broken Hill, NSW. There is still the mystery of other brothers Thomas & William.
Geoff Chapman Reynella South Aust
Simounds
Chapman
Snelling
Gater
Chalcroft

Offline Geoff Chapman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 17 January 13 02:55 GMT (UK) »
Update jan 2013 Re Joannah O'Neill. Some researchers have her now being born at Marlow, County of Cork in a family of about 11 or 12 siblings. If you look at the conditions of the lower classes in Ireland in those days, no wonder that some of the children ended up in the Poor Houses. If fact,  I think they must have been lucky to get in, as many children at the time  must have died by starvation.
Jean Pierre Simounds continues to be a mystery- where he was born etc as no one can actually find a direct link in the channel Islands. There are several possibilities but nothing definate.
We do know that his father was John Simounds as it was recorded on his wedding certificate. His brother James apears to have came out from England and eventually died in 1902 at Broken Hill, NSW. There is still the mystery of other brothers Thomas & William.
If you like to contact me, I can send you a copy of the CD. Yes there is a connection with the Clarke family  tree from  BLYTHE  [or the tiny town of  Kybunga]. Edith Simounds married John Clarke a farmer at Kybunga. [Moderator edit: Names of living persons and personal contact details redacted to protect personal privacy. Please use the Personal Message system to exchange personal information]

Dear Geoff Chapman, I would love to get a copy of the Simounds family information. My grandmother (Mater-Nanna) was Edith Simounds (from Perlubie) who married Bertie Thompson (from Haslem) in the Streaky Bay area of South Australia. I have been trying to muddle though stuff in Mundia to sort out why Jean Pierre came out to Australia and how he connected to the Sauvage family. And also, i haven't been able to find anything at all for his wife Joanna except County Poor House, County Cork i think. No parents, siblings, etc. If I could possibly get the CD you speak of, or any written information, i would be happy to send what it costs. I am in North Queensland, but was born in SA. cousin Bruce has been doing some research through Ancestry.com. Aunt Daphne also mentioned a Clarke connection in Blight, SA, who was going to do a Simounds family history but i came across that in a very old letter and don't have any further info there. I would love to be able to connect all the dots for Jean Pierre and Joanna. L A Thompson
Simounds
Chapman
Snelling
Gater
Chalcroft

Offline Dianne Farrand

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 August 17 13:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Geoffrey. long time no talk. how's every thing down in the cold !! . i have lost your email address. could you please contact me. I need to get another Family History disk from You. MY won't work anymore. too much humidity up here for things to last too long

Offline Geoff Chapman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 01 September 17 02:57 BST (UK) »
Please contact me for an updated CD at 13A Riverway Court , McCracken, SA 5211
my email address for Roots is geoffreyc98@yahoo.com but I am not sure if they will block ant reference to direct contact. I have not used Roots for about 5 years so it took me quite a while to reactivate my access so I could reply to you. In the last 5 years I have remarried and shifted from James Street, Reynella to McCracken [ which is Victor Harbor], so I am back in family territory- Port Elliot is about 5 Km to the east of where I live.
If you send me your postal address I will send you the CD.
Geoffrey Chapman
Mobile 0416216380
Simounds
Chapman
Snelling
Gater
Chalcroft