Author Topic: HORNELL  (Read 7458 times)

Offline bigt

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: HORNELL
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 April 16 18:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeaniology,

The Margaret Heron you mentioned is my 3x great aunt.

Tom

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Northerngirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeanology.  Huge apologies if I am adding confusion to your research.

I was looking at a site which was discussing a sporting event in Kirkcudbright for the 'Siller Gun' a shooting sport event held from the 1700's and onwards to 1830 and later.  There is mention of a James Hornell Box Master of shoemakers.  I wonder if he is the man someone has already mentioned in one of their replies?  If this is the same James then as shoemaker he may well have been a freeman.  The freemen often had hereditary rights and their fore fathers would be in the incorporated books.  The people who run the site may help also. 

Again apologies if I am adding confusion.

J.A.
SCOTLAND
KBC interests - Murray and Shaw: Blacklock and Kirkland.
DMS interests - as KBC.

ENGLAND
Northumberland
Murray: > 1920 in Longbenton/Forest Hall; Howick 1920's
Elliott: North Nbld 1800's
Straughan/Straphen: North Nbld 1800's and 1910's/1920's Craster.
Henderson(nee Elliott)/Brodie Haydon Bridge 1900's
Bell (nee Elliott) Christon Bank/Embleton 1900's

IRELAND
County Mayo
Mills: Erris Head and Gortmellia
Mullarky: as same
Ginnelly: as same

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Leslie Faith Dennis

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 January 18 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all of this information - I have been trying to figure out the same connection.  James Hornell is great great grandfather to my son and daughter.  He did have a daughter - Dorothy Lottie Hornell.  She was quite an artist as well, although not commercially.  The family still has several of her paintings.  I have heard of the cousin link within the family, and will let you know if I can find any more information.