Author Topic: Cookley woman beheaded 1930 China  (Read 13711 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cookley woman beheaded 1930 China
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 08 October 15 05:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason,

I was just browsing (can't help with your query) and noticed that you are attempting to send Personal Messages - a new member needs to have made two or three posts before the PM system is enabled.

That would also have been an issue back in 2014 when you tried to send a message to Dave. He wouldn't have received it.

If email addresses are the same and the member has set up to receive email notifications, they should receive emails telling them of replies to any threads they have posted in.

Offline harr2jas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 October 15 09:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ruskie
HARRISON - Kidderminster/Leicester/Loughborough, BASKERVILLE - Bromyard, COOPER - Wareham, BARTLETT - Swindon Wiltshire, Swanage
COOPER - Corfe Castle, Swanage, Wareham, Steeple
PERRINS and PERK - Old Swinford

Offline harr2jas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 08 October 15 09:57 BST (UK) »
Daveywills and John Jemmett

Please see the information below. However I am going to spell/speak out my email address in hope that you will email me so we can share information. I also hope that this method will not attract spam mail to me, so I will say my email address like I was giving it to you over the telephone;

email address removed by Moderator

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
Please note: If you are sending PMs to new members who have less than three posts you will receive an error message, that your limit, or allowed number has been reached. (note that it says your limit, although it actually refers to the recipient.)
HARRISON - Kidderminster/Leicester/Loughborough, BASKERVILLE - Bromyard, COOPER - Wareham, BARTLETT - Swindon Wiltshire, Swanage

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 October 15 10:08 BST (UK) »
New members only need to make 2 posts Harr2jas :)

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 08 October 15 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hi harr2jas

John Jemmett only joined Rootschat yesterday and may not have realised yet that he has received an email notification that you have replied to his post.

Daveywills should also receive email notifications that we have posted and hopefully come back soon unless he is no longer using the email address registered on his membership here.

If you have tried to send both a personal message and received an error message, it means someone else has tried to send a message before now and then all you can do is hope they come back soon. Sorry.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline harr2jas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 08 October 15 10:24 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dawnsh, Hope they do, I have experienced great success with Roots Chat, and now I hit another jackpot making contact with distant relatives that have information, photos, documents etc and it could be lost to me, fingers crossed

Offline John Griffin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 18 November 17 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi.    I have only just found this item.  Eleanor , know as Nellie, was my great, great Aunt. A member of my family has done a large amount of research into our family tree which includes her. My father also has a letter from her, congratulating my grand parents on his birth.  If you are needing any specific info, I am sure I can find something for you
regards, John Griffin        Worcestershire, UK

Offline harr2jas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much, I appreciate you taking the time to write on my post. Do you have any photos of the Harrison family, regards Jason

Offline John Griffin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 15 December 17 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi again.  I have now got some documents about Nellie Harrison. My link is through her sister Marien, who married my great grand father, James Griffin.
I have copies of the following:*  Letter posted from China, May 7 1930 to my grandfather in Canada, congratulating him on the birth of my father.     * The Lords Prayer in Chinese, written by Moses (Bishop?) who I Understand she raised,   * a photocopy of Alfred and Jane Harrison,            * Eleanor with my great uncle Noel as a youngster, and various family trees.   Also a copy of a memorial service in 1991.   Although I was always told she was beheaded by Chinese bandits or Communist troops, there is a thought now that she was shot, along with her companion, Miss Nettleton, although I can't find where this came from.  Their bodies were found 6 years later. I have a letter describing how a search was organised, their bodies found and returned to Foochow. If any of these are of interest, I will try to scan them, but some copies are not very clear
regards    John Griffin