Author Topic: Parish birth lookup  (Read 7983 times)

Offline Jaz

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parish birth lookup
« on: Wednesday 19 October 11 10:23 BST (UK) »
Has anyone the Parish registers for Llanelly Brecon, could they please look up a birth for me, in 1841c Parish of Llanelly Clydach works, John Maund b.1835c is with Catherine Maund age 60 and Ann Maund 20yrs Catherine and Ann are not born in county John is, i think Catherin may be his grandmother and Ann could be his mother, could anyone help to verify this please, thank you,
Jaz

Offline Land of my fathers

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Parish birth lookup
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 November 11 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaz,
I noticed your post regarding John Maund and the Llanelly parish registes. I think I can help you, though I don't currently have access to the register. I have previously looked for John Maund in the Llanelly register and can confirm that his baptism is not registered there. I believe that the John Maund you have located in Mill Street, Brecon in 1841 is actually the son of John and Mary Maund, nee Monkhouse. John was baptised at Panteg, Monmouthshire. If you'd like any further detail, please feel free to contact me at (*). Best wishes - Land of my fathers

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Jaz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Land of my fathers,

do you have the proof of the baptism? were there any other children born to John and Mary?
Jaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 November 11 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaz,
I can't put my hand on the record of John's baptism at the moment. I believe that there is a possibility that the John Maund you have located in Brecon on the 1841 census appears twice in the census! The other entry is at Newport where he is resident at a school for boys - Ref. HO 107/751/19. This is a difficult one to prove - even though the county of birth entry doesn't appear to match! The other possibility is that the Brecon John Maund is not in fact the son of John and Mary Maund of Llanelly!

There was another child born to the marriage, a John Atkinson Maund. He was baptised at St Woolos, Newport on 20 May1831, but died, aged 6 weeks,  on 26 July 1831. He is honoured on the Maund memorial in Brecon Priory Church. There isn't a record of his burial at St Woolos. (St Wollos is where John Maund and Mary Monkhouse were married, by licence, on 5 March 1829. Newport was the parish of the Monkhouse family at this time.)
If you can tell me something of the family line of the John Maund you are following, I can confirm whether I have any further information that might be relevant and of interest to you.
Best wishes - Nick (Land of my fathers)

Offline Jaz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 26 November 11 15:11 GMT (UK) »
The John Maund iam following married Jame Victoria Foster, any connections?
Jaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 28 November 11 00:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jaz,
No, this isn't the same family line. The John Maund that was the son of John and Mary (Monkhouse) Maund married Louisa Clifford Hansby in 1860. Does your Maund line originate from Breconshire? I have been researching and noting all references to 18th and 19th century Maunds from Breconshire, so might have some references to your line if you can provide further details of names. Regards - Nick