Author Topic: Seriously Brickwalled.. Grandmother, can somebody tell me a forum that will help  (Read 1580 times)

Offline johnabbots1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,
Recently discovered my Grandmothers German Birth Certificate (Elly Meyer). It is dated September 1929, Kiel. Took a while to decipher the old German handwriting to discover her fathers name as Bruno Erich Meyer, a coppersmith, who was born in 1905 (date discovered on my Grandmothers British citizenship application 1951). Her mothers name is Emmy (could be anny), Lucia Henriette, nee Hopner. Listed on the Birth Cert is an address Rathausstrasse 1, Kiel.

I have tried most websites, and found nothing of these two ancestors. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Its quite frustrating not being able to track back any further.

I attach my Grandmothers birth Cert in the hope someone can help, even a guide, How do people trace German Relatives. Is there any other forum that may be able to help. Even with the basic's.

Many Thanks,

Offline johnabbots1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How do I trace German Ancestors?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 October 11 02:10 BST (UK) »
Should have mentioned my Grandmothers name was Elli Meyer.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously Brickwalled.. Grandmother, can somebody tell me a forum that will help
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 October 11 20:33 GMT (UK) »
This topic has now been locked as a duplicate post on the beginners board has had some useful replies.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,563777.0.html

Please reply on the other topic if you wish to add something to the discussion.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea