Author Topic: NICOLAI, France  (Read 1108 times)

Offline ronmac46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
NICOLAI, France
« on: Saturday 22 October 11 13:49 BST (UK) »
Good evening, all,

I am trying to find information on my grandmother, Marie-Francoise Nicolai, born 8/4/1897, Bastia, Corsica.
When she married my grandfather, Stanly Gordon BRAYE (an Australian, and in the Australian merchant navy, as an officer, and was in the RN during WW1) in 1920, in Southampton, her marriage certificates states that her father was Louis Nicolai, a French Army Officer.  I have no other information on my grandmother or her father.  If anyone can help me, I would be very much appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: NICOLAI, France
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 October 11 19:56 BST (UK) »
http://www.cg2b.fr/cg2b/cgi-bin/pages/index.pl?lang=fr/&idarbo=807
 - unfortunately it doesn't look like the 1897 records are available online for Bastia, although the surname Nicolai looks to be reasonably common in the area.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ronmac46

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: NICOLAI, France
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 October 11 23:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your reply.  I will certainly have a look at the link that you have sent through.  A few years ago, I did see, a copy of a 'register book', that someone from over in France sent to me,with her name and dob, but there was no further information.  I was pleased to see her name in the 'register' to be able to confirm the details of birth, a little saddened not to find other information.  Once again, thank you for your reply.