Author Topic: Battle of the Boyne, 1690 Account Book  (Read 27502 times)

Offline MMichele

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Boyne, 1690 Account Book
« Reply #36 on: Monday 21 March 16 04:00 GMT (UK) »
I visited the Museum of Orange Heritage at 386 Creagagh Road in Belfast in September 2016.  This is their new center. The 1690 Account Book was on display under glass.

They have prepared an alphabetical surname index for the names that appear in the Account Book. I was able to check for my ancestors' names very quickly and easily. I did not find them.

I was told that the account book has 1400-1500 names which is far less than the supposed 30,000 soldiers in the army of William of Orange.

I arranged for my visit in advance by contacting the center through their Web site. It is my understanding that the Museum staff is willing to do look ups. I suggest contacting them through the Web site.

Michele

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 21 March 16 04:06 GMT (UK) »
I visited the Museum of Orange Heritage at 386 Creagagh Road in Belfast in September 2016.  This is their new center. The 1690 Account Book was on display under glass.

They have prepared an alphabetical surname index for the names that appear in the Account Book. I was able to check for my ancestors' names very quickly and easily. I did not find them.

I was told that the account book has 1400-1500 names which is far less than the supposed 30,000 soldiers in the army of William of Orange.

I arranged for my visit in advance by contacting the center through their Web site. It is my understanding that the Museum staff is willing to do look ups. I suggest contacting them through the Web site.

Michele

;D  I am in Australia, where it is currently March 2016.   ::) and not yet anywhere near September 2016, but not to worry,  I am interested in the 1690 Account Book, so many thanks for the update.

http://www.orangeheritage.co.uk/

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline MMichele

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 21 March 16 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the confusion. My visit to the Museum of Orange Heritage was in September 2015.

Michele

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 22 March 16 14:22 GMT (UK) »
@ M Michele,  given the number of your ancestors alive in 1690 the odds are that you had folk on both sides of the Boyne.

Skoosh.