Author Topic: Anna Corley/Mace/Balston  (Read 2207 times)

Offline auntievi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anna Corley/Mace/Balston
« on: Thursday 27 October 11 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hello i wonder if anyone could help me. i am looking for a relative of mine born in jersey in 1891. she was born anna corley, married to become anna mace and then (possibly) married again to become a balston. i know she was alive upto 1940 as she was evacuated to scotland with her children during the occupation. she applied to return after the war but whether she did not, i dont know. the trail seems to go cold there. i cannot find put what happened to her. did she return or stay in scotland? when did she die and where was she buried? if anyone knows anything apart her after 1940, i would very much appreciate it, many thanks vicky

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
Re: Anna Corley/Mace/Balston
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 October 11 21:17 BST (UK) »
Have you tried the Jersey Heritage website?  There is mention of Anna Balston on their archives in connection with application of evacuees to return to Jersey after the occupation.

http://jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je/name.html

Holmes, Loveridge, Le Cheminant, White, Camp, Dennis, Beauchamp, Allen, Green, Legg, Symes, Mitchell, Rowe, Robin, Robert, Romeril, Cardinale

Offline auntievi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 October 11 22:10 BST (UK) »
yes i have seen that but it is just the appliaction and i dont know when and if she did return and when she died. thank you for your help though. i have look through the records at the archoves but cannot find her death and on ancenstry.co.uk in case she died in the uk but no luck, unless she is still alive and is in her 120th year! there must be arecord of her somewhere but i am at a less. thank you very much for your help though :)

Offline HistoryFan

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandmother
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 October 11 22:28 BST (UK) »
Yes I checked for a death on ancestry too but to no avail.

Hopefully some kind person in Jersey can look up the records.  I notice that she was born in St Lawrence Jersey, so she may have returned to her birth parish, or if when she died, was buried with relatives in that Parish.

I hope you find the answer you are looking for.
Holmes, Loveridge, Le Cheminant, White, Camp, Dennis, Beauchamp, Allen, Green, Legg, Symes, Mitchell, Rowe, Robin, Robert, Romeril, Cardinale

Offline auntievi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 October 11 22:32 BST (UK) »
thanks for your help