Author Topic: Flynn Family, Piggott's Lane, Limerick  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Jamesshepherdsbush

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Flynn Family, Piggott's Lane, Limerick
« on: Friday 28 October 11 09:38 BST (UK) »
Researching family and forbears of Michael Flynn, (My Great Grandfather) listed as Pork Butcher of Piggott's Lane in 1911 census. Any information gratefully received.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Flynn Family, Piggott's Lane, Limerick
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 October 11 09:47 BST (UK) »
What sort of details are your looking for .. do you have a birth cert for one of the children, or marriage details for Michael and Mary ?

census for reference : Flynn, Pigott's Lane

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 October 11 09:55 BST (UK) »
I have just received details of Michael and Mary (nee White's) marriage in 1888 from the Registry, also for their daughter Mary Bridget, my grandmother. Was hoping I guess to find someone "in the family' as it were who may know what became of the other children. Possibly, someone working on the tree from the Irish side. The Irish side of my family over in England has now died out and I suppose I am hoping ultimately to contact any surviving members still in the Limerick area.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 October 11 10:04 BST (UK) »
same family in 1901 : Flynn household, James Street, Limerick

I think the ages may be slightly out on the 1911 return - the youngest John Flynn is age 4 months on the 1901 return and 12 in 1911. John's age places his birth around Nov/Dec 1900 (census was 31st March).

Tracing forward is more difficult that than tracing back in time, especially with common surnames. If you post details that you have on the family maybe someone will spot a connection at some stage a get in touch. (remember not to include any details on living people)

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 October 11 10:12 BST (UK) »
I found a possible death and burial record for Michael Flynn, (same date of birth etc.) Buried at  Mount St Lawrence Cemetery Feb 1914. His address on that record is given as "Limerick Union" I am presuming that this was a workhouse does anyone know?

Offline flynnlim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 May 14 02:17 BST (UK) »
I have just received details of Michael and Mary (nee White's) marriage in 1888 from the Registry, also for their daughter Mary Bridget, my grandmother. Was hoping I guess to find someone "in the family' as it were who may know what became of the other children. Possibly, someone working on the tree from the Irish side. The Irish side of my family over in England has now died out and I suppose I am hoping ultimately to contact any surviving members still in the Limerick area.

HI there,

I think you are in luck!  We are just starting to research the Limerick Flynn family tree and Mary Bridget (your grandmother) was the older sister of Margaret Flynn (my husbands grandmother).   

There were two sisters who went to the UK (Mary Bridget and Catherine) and we knew one of them married a Christy(?) Barnes.  I am not sure if you are still checking this site but, if you are, we would love to hear from you.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 24 May 14 03:12 BST (UK) »
Yes Mary Bridget did have a younger sister Catherine. Didn't know she ended up in England though. My grandmother Mary married John Ernest Barnes. Any further info or contact would be appreciated. Please feel free to contact me directly @ jamesfmercer@gmail.com

Offline flynnlim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 24 May 14 03:29 BST (UK) »
Yes Mary Bridget did have a younger sister Catherine. Didn't know she ended up in England though. My grandmother Mary married John Ernest Barnes. Any further info or contact would be appreciated. Please feel free to contact me directly @ jamesfmercer@gmail.com

Ok will get in contact tomorrow.   Have spent hours on the computer today and did not realise the time! 

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 May 14 03:32 BST (UK) »
Look fwd to hearing from you. Yes! I'm just an insomniac obviously. I thought it was about 12.30 and now see its 3.32am.
Best Wishes,
James