Author Topic: Esposti  (Read 8671 times)

Offline Jones121

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Esposti
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 11 February 16 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen , how wonderful to have photos of the shop, I would be really excited to see them.  Your great grandfather was my great grandmothers oldest brother then? Do you know anything of the name of the coffee shop or the ice cream heritage? Very interested. Hope you find the reply soon !

Offline Louise Chehdan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 10 May 17 12:02 BST (UK) »
Hello Stephen I have just seen your post as I have been having another go at finding out more about my Esposti side of the family. I see that you say you have a photo of the shop My grand father was Charlie Esposti, Joseph's brother, and my Dad Charles who used to tell us stories about the café and his grand mothers' ice cream!! I see you have a photo of the shop. I would love to be able to see it and any other photos of the shop or family you may have, Dad didn't have much, if anything from his father's family so to see some photo's would be great.
Thank you Louise
Esposti, Regan, Catford,  Gardiner, Jelfs, Walker, Mason Rose, Greenacre,

Offline Jones121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 11 May 17 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Stephen you were kind enough to contact me direct and my email went wrong and I lost your details.  Just seen  a new post here that has reminded me. If you remember I am the ice cream maker . Be great to hear from you again and many apologies

Offline Stephen Brooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 05:40 BST (UK) »
hi all, just seen messages, my mother has just come back from wales, she was staying my GG josephs daughter, my great aunty fancis esposi, did you know that they opened another shop in splott. in 1950 somethink they open a china shop, fine china plates, cups, funny story joseph had a pet monkey, as for pictures, ive got alot, including a very old 1 taken in italy, but we think its from the nardini side, 

Offline Louise Chehdan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hello again
Thanks for getting in contact. I would love to see any photos of the Esposti/Nardini families. Do you know where abouts they came from in Italy? My dad, Charles, used to say Foggia but I have recently been sent a photo of either Maria's or Nicolas' parents with Castelnuovo written on it assuming that the family couldn't travel too far for a photo I've been looking in this region, without any success.
Anything you would be able to tell me about the family I would LOVE to know. I just wish my dad had wanted to talk more about everyone and that I'd been interested enough to ask the right questions.
Any photos would be great as well. Maybe your great aunty Francis knew my dad. They would have been cousins! I have spoken to my sister and we both seem to remember dad talking about a monkey.
Esposti, Regan, Catford,  Gardiner, Jelfs, Walker, Mason Rose, Greenacre,

Offline Jones121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 04 October 18 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi just revisited and seen your posts a year later ! I don't get nofications of them . I thought they had a confectioners shop after they closed the parlour with the 2 youngest boys.  Not sure why I think that now. I too would be interested in any photos especially of the parlour as this quite pertinent to me having found myself in the ice cream trade by accident.  I'd also love to know the region of Italy they came from .  I think I looked at documents from Tuscany (If I remember correctly )for the nardini girls with no success. We were told Nicholas  came from Sicily but I don't think this is correct. Any photos you could share would really be appreciated.  Thank you