Author Topic: Dunns Bank  (Read 3723 times)

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dunns Bank
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 September 16 17:49 BST (UK) »
Mostly from Parish Records. Later the 1841 Census.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 September 16 18:35 BST (UK) »
Good to know. Thank you.
Dunn/Gough
Dunn/Taylor
Dunn/Brooks
Brooks/Pardoe
Pardoe/Wooldridge
Gough/Perry
Perry/Maynard

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 30 September 16 19:40 BST (UK) »
I haven't been able to find anything about William Dunn marrying Sarah Whittaker. I've seen a lot of Family Trees that have William married to Sarah Whittaker but no sources. I tried finding a marriage certificate for them but can't find anything. There is a William Dunn who married Sarah Ingley. Do you know where Sarah Whittaker came from?
Dunn/Gough
Dunn/Taylor
Dunn/Brooks
Brooks/Pardoe
Pardoe/Wooldridge
Gough/Perry
Perry/Maynard

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 14:43 BST (UK) »
I received a message from a very distant relation with some of the history of Dunns Bank.

He said that Dunns Bank was originally part of the southern edge of Pensnet Chase and was hunting ground for the Earl of Dudley. It was uninhabited except for a few charcoal burner huts which would have been used by Nailers for the smithing process. Eventually the land became more inhabited and the Earl of Dudley decided to use that land for industrial development. He allocated the land to Thomas Raybould. Apparently Daniel Dunn worked for Thomas Raybould. T.R. sold the land to Dunns. According to an Enclose Map, James Dunn (Daniel's brother and my 5th great grandfather) built the first house on Dunns Bank and Daniel later built next door. Years later, James Dunn's plot was divided between two of his sons, William (my 4th great grandfather) and Silas Dunn.

I hope this helps and/or is of interest.
Dunn/Gough
Dunn/Taylor
Dunn/Brooks
Brooks/Pardoe
Pardoe/Wooldridge
Gough/Perry
Perry/Maynard

Offline Richard Dunn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 03 September 18 21:41 BST (UK) »
,,, And of course , a lot of Dunns still live in the area

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 October 18 18:07 BST (UK) »
I received a message from a very distant relation with some of the history of Dunns Bank.

He said that Dunns Bank was originally part of the southern edge of Pensnet Chase and was hunting ground for the Earl of Dudley. It was uninhabited except for a few charcoal burner huts which would have been used by Nailers for the smithing process. Eventually the land became more inhabited and the Earl of Dudley decided to use that land for industrial development. He allocated the land to Thomas Raybould. Apparently Daniel Dunn worked for Thomas Raybould. T.R. sold the land to Dunns. According to an Enclose Map, James Dunn (Daniel's brother and my 5th great grandfather) built the first house on Dunns Bank and Daniel later built next door. Years later, James Dunn's plot was divided between two of his sons, William (my 4th great grandfather) and Silas Dunn.

I hope this helps and/or is of interest.

Yes I've heard that and the Rayboulds were my ancestors.  :)