Author Topic: Irish relative  (Read 7878 times)

Offline gaylehogberg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Irish relative
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 April 14 06:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott
did your Scottish ancestor go to Australia in the early 1900's?
thanks
Gayle

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 April 14 14:32 BST (UK) »
Irish Genealogy shows these baptisms
Ludovica Lowson ? 5th July 1812 dtr of Frederici and Honor Ruiger,Ludovica has an asterisk behind it and a side note seems to infer the name Louisa which some how has been interpreted as Lowson.
There is also a baptism for a Martham Ruiger in 1823 to the same couple,this child appears to have died in 1840 age 15? and is buried in Glasnevin as Martha Ruiger in a standard grave with book image available.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 April 14 15:56 BST (UK) »
Here are the links to Dathai’s information and a little more

Baptism in
1812 of Louisa to Fredericii RUGIER and Honora;
although LOWSON is transcribed on the records if you open the original it does not appear
it seems to be a transcription error as previously suggested
1820 of Isabellam to Fredericii RUGIER and Honora
1823 of Martham to Fredericii RUIGER and Honora
1831 of Franciscam of Frededici ROUGER & Honnora
Marriage in 1847 of Louisa daughter of Frederick; carpenter.

As Louisa shows her father as a carpenter and her mother seems to have been Honora rather than Louise
this may be a different family to your Frederick
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline fionahc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 April 14 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Thanks for the new information Gayle, Dathai and 'Myluck'. There are so many names the same in the family that I think there must be a connection. Belinda Rougier (married name Davie) had children with the same names - here first daughter was called Louisa, others included Martha, Maria, Isabella (and Belinda). Her sisters that I know of were Frances and Maria. All these names were fairly common, it seems quite a coincidence though to have all in this family as well as Frederici's in Dublin. Off to do some more digging.

Thanks again!
Fiona

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 18:40 BST (UK) »
Probate of a will for Jacob Rougier 1833 in Vicars  Index to Prerogative Wills . No further info available but may indicate the period the Rougier family were in Ireland.
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 15 April 14 18:54 BST (UK) »
A few more early Rougier / Rogier records
Will in the prerogative Index of Theophilus Rougier Dublin hosier 1762 - wonder about Hugenot connection?
Marriage of Peter Rougier 1733 Dublin
From Deputy Keeper of Ireland, Index to the Act or Grant Books, and to Original Wills, of the Diocese of Dublin 1272-1858 (26th, 30th and 31st Reports, 1894, 1899)
Death of Barbara Rogier 1776 age 666 d. 21 Dec 1776 Buried 23 Dec 1776 This from the registers of the French Non-conformist Churches Dublin 1701-1831,
Also this link may be of interest.
http://www.hidden-dublin.com/huguenot/huguenot2.html

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline fionahc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 15 April 16 01:33 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am now pretty certain that the Rougiers/Rugiers that Scott, Gayle and I posted on a few years ago are the same family as the rougiers/rugiers/ruigers in the 1800s mentioned elsewhere in our string. If we start with Belinda Rougier who married James Davie - her death certificate gave her mother as Louisa. However, the odd thing was that an early census after they moved to the Glasgow area gave her name as 'Bridget' yet it was definitely the same person. At the time, I thought this was an error in the census. Have just been scouring the Dublin records again. Turns out a Bridget Rougier married a James Davey in Dublin in 1837. One of the witnesses was 'her mother Honora'. Could be a coincidence - but, the names Bridget and Davey (instead of Davie) appear in Frances Louisa Davey's (or Davie's) baptism record in Belfast and that all matches the Scottish census mentioned above. Then I looked again at Bridget's/Belinda's daughters' names, - Frances Louisa, Mary, Isabella, Belinda, Maria, and Martha. Then, looking again at Frederick and Honora, their daughters' names in the baptism records in Dublin are: Ludovica (Louisa), Isabella, Bridget (aka Belinda?), Martha, Maria and Frances. The dates work too. I haven't got any links for further back as yet. Any thoughts or additional discoveries? Best regards, Fiona

Offline gaylehogberg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 15 June 17 04:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott
It has been a long time since you posted to this site. I hope this reply reaches you somehow. I am related to the Rougiers and Davies. My great aunt years ago told me about a Davie relative who went to Australia I believe in the early 1900's. Is that when your family went to Australia. Was it a member of the Davie family who went. Although she is no longer alive, I would like to solve this family mystery.
thank you
Gayle