Author Topic: Fleeson Family and James Elliott  (Read 22833 times)

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fleeson Family and James Elliott
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 07 February 13 05:13 GMT (UK) »
John - trying to confirm details for Emily Fleeson who married James Elliott 29 January 1861 at Killucan - Emily's father is Plunket Fleeson

The marriage record has Emily as 24 years at marriage which is why I was looking for birth 1837 but the information is often not accurate, so I am interested to learn more about the records for the 1833 record.

Have you seen this record in your church parish records?

You mentioned an Emily or Ellen Fleeson  29 Sept 1833 - is this a birth date or a baptism date? Sometimes there is a considerabe time period between birth and baptism and sometimes the children of one family are baptised together.

As you are in Ireland are you able to explain the differences between the following place names
Castletown, Delvin, Westmeath, Mullingar   as this might help to sort out the Fleeson families as they seem to have similar names, thanks Alison

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 07 February 13 08:13 GMT (UK) »
.......are you able to explain the differences between the following place names
Castletown, Delvin, Westmeath, Mullingar   as this might help to sort out the Fleeson families as they seem to ...

The town of Delvin was previously known as Castletown or Castletowndelvin
Mullingar is the county town of Co. Westmeath Mullingar and located about 20km south west of the town of Delvin
Westmeath is one the the counties of Ireland, where all the above are located

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 07 February 13 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the explanation - so I am thinking the Delvin and Castletown Fleesons are most likely connected and that any registrations with Mullingar district should still be considered, appreciate your time and effort, regards Alison

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 February 13 18:06 GMT (UK) »
.......are you able to explain the differences between the following place names
Castletown, Delvin, Westmeath, Mullingar   as this might help to sort out the Fleeson families as they seem to ...

The town of Delvin was previously known as Castletown or Castletowndelvin
Mullingar is the county town of Co. Mullingar and located about 20km south west of the town of Delvin
Westmeath is one the the counties of Ireland, where all the above are located

Just the way it's written is a bit confusing Shane, so just to be clear Mullingar is the county town of County Westmeath.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 February 13 18:07 GMT (UK) »
thanks never spotted that...  corrected

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 09 February 13 04:13 GMT (UK) »
Shane - there was a detailed post from John addressed to James with reference to an Emily Fleeson that I am researching. Someone suggested it was on the wrong thread. It seems now that it has been moved. Are you able to tell me where because there is very useful information that matches some details I am looking for - I would like to make contact again with John, thanks Alison

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 09 February 13 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Shane - there was a detailed post from John addressed to James with reference to an Emily Fleeson that I am researching. Someone suggested it was on the wrong thread. It seems now that it has been moved. Are you able to tell me where because there is very useful information that matches some details I am looking for - I would like to make contact again with John, thanks Alison

besides your posts here on the Co. Westmeath there seems to be at least two other topics on the Australian board which mention Emily - see :

Shipping records UK to Australia 1865-1868
   ELLIOTT family came to OZ 1867

To check for any others see the search option at the top of the screen - just enter Emily Fleeson as a search term.
My Surname Interests

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 09 February 13 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Shane - thanks for the links, and the details on how to search for a topic. I am fairly new to this site and still learning to navigate. I have wondered how to find links and topics from the many amazing messages. Enjoy your day regards Alison

Offline howe02

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 09 February 13 20:42 GMT (UK) »
Shane - found the message and used the search facility. I had been using the search box next to the login box, did not realize there was another search option for the message board, so thanks again for setting me on the right direction, regards Alison