Author Topic: 19 North Drive, New Brighton, Wallasey, Merseyside  (Read 2747 times)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 19 North Drive, New Brighton, Wallasey, Merseyside
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 18:45 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Uncle Gromit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Greetings from Tasmania
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 May 18 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi again Bigbazza ... many thanks for your prompt response. As we are at opposite ends of the earth, we have a nine hour difference in timing so that's why I might appear to be a bit slow with my reply.  I assume your are in the UK and probably in the Merseyside area.
Please don't get me wrong but, yours is the first reply I have received in the past thousand years which has given me goose bumps. 
I am looking at the Barlow family for exactly the same reason as you.  If you have a copy of the 1911 census for the Barlows at 19 North Drive, you will see four occupants.  Dr Barlow, Pearl Barlow and Amelia McCrossin (Pearl's mum) and Roseanna McGregor MY GRAN. So, we are practically related, only joking.  When You made the offer of sending me a copy of the photo, I was/am 'over the moon. 
I don't know what date your Gran was in residence but mine was from about 1906 to about 1916. I can't be too certain about the dates which is the point of my searches.  Rose McGregor had four children and several of them had Pearl as a godmother, as did some of their children.  As a 'clan' we all kept in touch with Pearl until her death in 1964.  Sadly she had one son who, in turn also had one son.  I am trying to trace him through a friend and if we ever manage, I shall keep your request in mind. 
In the meantime, I would love a copy of your pic, please.  It's a long, long time since I was last at North Drive.  Can I ask if you could send the pic to my email address please?   It is  *
Well, on a lighter note, it looks my email woke of plenty of people to your original message  Ha ha.  Still, I hope that it works for you.
Cheers
Dave

* Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat practice to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks  :)

Apologies to Moderator ... have just refused latest offer of a Brand New Toyota worth $50,000 so understand why you removed it.  Cheers
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MunnMemories

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 July 23 23:59 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Is anyone still there??!!

I live close like you, have been researching this road for many years. I'm wondering if you recalled this building on the opposite side of the road to number 19. In the years your family were there, the Munn family would have been resident at number 4 (Tigh Na Mara). I have been searching for years for a photograph of this house and have thought opposite neighbours of days gone by may have photos of the street showing this building. Would welcome any feedback that you may have! Hope you have managed to further your research. best wishes x