Author Topic: Revealed Google Map of London 1909  (Read 3427 times)

Offline dated connections

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Revealed Google Map of London 1909
« on: Saturday 12 November 11 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Folks, I have just found on Mail Online November 12 2011, 12pm. the most fantastic aerial photos of London in 1909.  They were done by Sir Norman Lockyer in a helium balloon.  They include many areas of London including the area around Buckingham Palace and up and down the River Thames and even a football stadium.  Anyone researching ancestors in London at that period would love to see these pix.  Enjoy Ann ??? ::)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline dated connections

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Revealed Google Map of London 1909
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 November 11 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dawn, Thank you for putting in the links for people.  I will eventually get the hang of it. That is why you are a Marquess!!! and I am standard!!!.   I am learning such a lot and the site is just fantastic with help, advice and really nice people who have sent personal messages back and forth. Cheers Ann

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Revealed Google Map of London 1909
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 November 11 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ann

Thanks for starting this topic. I saw it in the Metro and then when I came to post it realised I had put the newspaper out for recycling.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea