Author Topic: little green lane photos  (Read 11739 times)

Offline Cazshaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: little green lane photos
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I was at Little Green Lane, left Birmingham at age 10 in 1961 cos my Dad's factory, Clearhooters, transferred him to Nuneaton. My name was Carol Suett (I know!!!). I have photos somewhere, I will look them out. I know there was a little boy in one of them called Kevin! Wondering if it could be someone on this site? We had our photo took washing our hands?

Offline killys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cazsahaw

that would be great as my brother and sister were born
around that time if could put the photos on site for me and
other people that use the site would be nice to look at.

Keith.

Offline jaggy46

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 August 16 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi There
My name is Barry Bayliss I also spent my youth in little green la. and went to little green lane infant school and then onto st Andrews sec modern I would think I know you if u lived round there where abouts did u live? I used to belong to the swimming club at the baths and spent many a happy hour playing round the library,a lot of my time was spent outside the cricketers arms generally being a pain in the arse waiting for mom and dad or just dad after she left happy days give me a tug if you want to chat about old times its good to se little green lane is still remembered by some,hope to hear from you soon keep safe
regards
Barry
   Hi Barry....I may be wrong but your name seems to ring a bell...I was born in the back to back houses in Perseverence Place..Little Green Lane in 1946.....went to Little Green Lane infants...we left Small Heath when I was about 7 or 8 so was in Small Heath from 1946 until 1953/4.....Miss Rowley was one of the teachers at school if I remember rightly....Regards....John

Offline roger66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello My father had a butchers shop on little green lane. his name was Tom Sankey. I was the delivery boy some 50 years ago now. nice to hat with anyone that has memories. cheers

Offline Keith Dallow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi, i do remember your dads butchers shop we lived in backhouse opposite dads shop 1956
just couple doors away was a sweet shop the owner was oliver eves when it was quiet he was
always in your dads shop chatting most people in and around little green lane used that butchers
i do remember when your dad told me about the munich air crash on that day in 1957
i left the lane in 1961 have been down it lots of times remembering how it was .
first girlfriend, first job, saving cars when blues were at home great memories.

Keith.

Offline roger66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 19 January 17 08:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith yes your right.I remember Oliver he had a flash zephyr zodiac. It was a very close community. My parents ran a Sunday school  for a couple of years at LGL school. We had loads of kids come. The memories are great, I grew up there very quickly. Very proud that my father and family were part of it.I know my father loved the people and was gutted when he had to close up..in fact he was never the same after moving.good luck to you and yours for 2017 health and happiness. Roger

Offline peterfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 11 August 18 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Roger. I think you will remember me. I livid in Wyndcliff Rd with my brother and 5 sisters. I was a friend of yours and you brother Keith. I worked in your Das butchers shop and Keith's fruit and veg shop from time to time. Your Dad always paid me with a pork chop and a tin of beans. I remember the chocolate shop and the closed down pub owned by the Downie's. Happy days.

Offline roger66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 August 18 05:22 BST (UK) »
hi Peter.So good to hear from you.Of course I remember you and your lovely family. especially your dog called sooty, I think, and every time you said flies she would launch into the air.Didnt you live at 21. Well all my family have passed now the latest was Keith with cancer. I don't think he suffered long as he died on the operating table and I spoke to him a couple of days before.  I live in New Zealand now, my final settling place LOL feel free to e mail me should you wish to monty16@xtra.co.nz   Good health and happiness Peter. kind regards Roger

Offline peterfield

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 12 August 18 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hello All
Here are some photos of Green Land and little Green Lane. I Live quite away from Small Heath but I plan to visit my sister next month so I will pop down to that area and take a few photos. I think you will be in for a shock because so much has changed .
P