Author Topic: Cambusnethan Cemetery Grave Search - Part 2  (Read 67043 times)

Offline NZDawn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cambusnethan Cemetery Grave Search - Part 2
« Reply #36 on: Monday 06 August 12 22:20 BST (UK) »
Kia ora

I am now in Scotland following up my Merrilees ancestors and intending to visit the Cambusnethan cemetery in less than 2 weeks time. How do you fit into the Merrilees picture?

NZDawn

Offline kb0fhp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 06 August 12 22:57 BST (UK) »
NZDawn:

I would really appreciate it if you could post the grave photos with inscriptions.  Specifically Robert Merrilees (1812) and Ann Scott Merrilees.  His parents Robert Merrilees and Agnes Rogers - that would be wonderful!

Elizabeth Cameron Merrilees (b 1850 based on marriage certificate) married Thomas McKenzie on 16 Feb 1872 in Aberlemno, Angus, Scotland.  The marriage certificate indicates parents were Robert Merrilees and Ann Milnor/Miller Scott.  From the grave records posted, you were able to unlock the major stumbling block I was having (and many of the relatives before me) finding the parents of Elizabeth Cameron Merrilees.  My grandfather and great grandfather couldn't tell us much about her family as her parents died young. 

This broke down a major stumbling block.

This was truly a huge help.

Scott

Offline NZDawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 07 August 12 19:29 BST (UK) »
I am very pleased that incidentally, I was able to do help. I will see what photographs I can get.

NZDawn

Offline SOMISSMARPLE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 19 August 12 22:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for this.  This is indeed the Duncan family although no mention of their parents - obviously some more digging on my part needed and perhaps I can find a link to the next grave. 
John Wilson's parents were John Wilson and Margaret Smith but he was brought up at Cairneyhead by his grandmother Janet while the parents moved to a farm at Shotts. John, my g grandfather, was born 6/5/1848 at Cambusnethan and his second wife Ellen McKechnie died in Bonkle in 19/3/1934.
Any other information gratefully received but once again thanks for this.
regards,
Moragb
John Wilson and Ellen McKechnie are also my GGrandparents.  John died 4/4/1925 at Inglisland Cryndledyke, he is not buried with Ellen in Cambusnethan Cemetery Lair No: 921A,  he may be buried in Shotts where his father and mother had Fortissat House and farm or he may be buried with his first wife Mary Greenhorn in Whitburn.  I hope Morag sees this message, would love to know her connection.

Offline kb0fhp

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 21 September 12 01:14 BST (UK) »
Lodger:

I wanted to thank you for all the generous time you spent finding people.  The Merrilees find was exceptional!

Again thank you for your help.

Scott

Offline jinkybhoygb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 23 September 12 02:31 BST (UK) »
Hi i'm looking for some information about my family I don't know much about the family history although the family name was cooney and from cambusnethan Wishaw could you find any information i would be most thankful

Offline moragb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Friday 28 September 12 13:36 BST (UK) »

John Wilson and Ellen McKechnie are also my GGrandparents.  John died 4/4/1925 at Inglisland Cryndledyke, he is not buried with Ellen in Cambusnethan Cemetery Lair No: 921A,  he may be buried in Shotts where his father and mother had Fortissat House and farm or he may be buried with his first wife Mary Greenhorn in Whitburn.  I hope Morag sees this message, would love to know her connection.

I am probably posting this in the wrong place but would love to get in touch.  I am the granddaughter of James Wilson, John's younger son.  Do get in touch soon.

Offline SOMISSMARPLE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Friday 28 September 12 23:29 BST (UK) »

I am probably posting this in the wrong place but would love to get in touch.  I am the granddaughter of James Wilson, John's younger son.  Do get in touch soon.
Hi Morag I am so happy you seen the message. Is James the son of John and Mary Greenhorn, I do not think that there was any children to his marriage to Ellen McKechnie in 1899. I know there were other siblings to James. I am away for 1 week from tomorrow but I will look forward to hearing from you when I get back.

Offline moragb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 29 September 12 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Morag I am so happy you seen the message. Is James the son of John and Mary Greenhorn, I do not think that there was any children to his marriage to Ellen McKechnie in 1899. I know there were other siblings to James. I am away for 1 week from tomorrow but I will look forward to hearing from you when I get back.

Yes, James is the son of John and Mary.  Do you come from Ellen's side?  Once you come back from holiday, we can get this sorted out!!  Great to hear from you
Morag