Author Topic: Kelly/Kearns Mullacash c1900  (Read 5105 times)

Offline irishrose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Kelly/Kearns Mullacash c1900
« on: Wednesday 21 September 11 22:40 BST (UK) »
Hi,  Looking for decendants of Julia Kearns born Carlow 16th May 1860 who married Tom Kelly and lived at Mullacash Co Kildare.  I have found Julia in the 1911 census where she is at Carnalway, Mullacash South with her son Thomas 22, Rose 16, Lizzie 14 and Maggie 8.
 She declares she is a widow, a small farmer, and that she has had 9 children, with 7 surviving. 
I cannot find them in the 1901 census, but I assume her husband Tom was alive then as in 1911 her youngest daughter is only 8.
I know from family information that at least 2 of her daughters went to America, and lost contact both with each other and the family, but were re-united years later (perhaps in the 1950s)  Julia retained strong links during her life with her family in Graigue and Sleaty just outside Carlow.
Any information is appreciated
Ros

Moderator Note : Bumping of posts is not allowed. If you have new details that might help your search then reply to your own thread with these.

Offline EnglishPaddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly/Kearns Mullacash c1900
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 16:50 BST (UK) »
Looking for decendants of Julia Kearns born Carlow 16th May 1860 who married [Tom] Kelly and lived at Mullacash Co Kildare.

I am one such.  She married Edward, but had a son called Tom.  I have contact details for the US connection.

I have few details of Julia, apart from her father Tim and mother Mary O'Donahoe

C

Offline EnglishPaddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 17:08 BST (UK) »
Note - cannot PM you yet as I haven't made three posts.

but I assume her husband Tom was alive then as in 1911 her youngest daughter is only 8

Edward died in 1903 shortly after Maggie was born, leaving Julia as a Widow with 8 children

I am Gt Grandson of Julia.
I have 63 descendants recorded, but no Ros
How do you fit in?
C.

Offline irishrose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi there.
I have sent you a pm.
My information on Julias husbands christian name  must have been incorrect but she is definitely the daughter of Tim and Mary Donohoe
Ros

Offline EnglishPaddy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 April 12 20:01 BST (UK) »
I have a note of a marriage of Julia and Edward at Greycullen, Co. Carlow, but no date or source.

I am your second cousin, once removed.

Con

Offline merseult

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 14 January 16 23:48 GMT (UK) »
The Carnalway parish 1901 census records are not on the nationalarchives website, frustratingly.  However the census information on Mullacash households at 1901 is on the rootsireland site.  Hope it helps John.
O'Brien O'Shea Humphreys Kevane Burke Cooley O'Sullivan Cahill Whittle Moran Dunne Moore Cahalane Kennedy Lewis

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 January 16 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Civil Reg... Marriage results for Julia Kearns

Displaying results 1 - 49 of 49

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01gup/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 January 16 23:58 GMT (UK) »
Looking for decendants of Julia Kearns born Carlow 16th May 1860 who married [Tom] Kelly and lived at Mullacash Co Kildare.

I am one such.  She married Edward, but had a son called Tom.  I have contact details for the US connection.

I have few details of Julia, apart from her father Tim and mother Mary O'Donahoe

C

Marriage of EDWARD KELLY and JULIA KEARNS
on 19 August 1884   is on link I just posted
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline irishrose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 15 January 16 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Hallmark and Merseult.

It is interesting that the marriage record says Naas which would be Edwards parish. My information was that they had married in Graiguecullen in Carlow, which was Julia's parish.  I still do not know how they met.  He was 53 and she was 23 when they married.

The census return is very helpful, I will check that out when I get home. Do you know if there is a charge to view it on RootsIreland?

Thanks a million for all your help.

Ros