Author Topic: Peter Clancy, farmer of Derryherk, Kinlough  (Read 21570 times)

Offline Orlaigh ODowd Allonby

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Clancy, farmer of Derryherk, Kinlough
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi  I am from Ireland and Elizabeth Clancy who Married John Clancy on 22 Nov 1896  were my great great grandparents
 Peter Joseph Clancy Born 10 Feb 1898 in Derryherk, Leitrim was my  great grandfather he married Elisha Regan from Boyle Co.Roscommon he died when he was 44 years old leaving 9 children my granny being one of them. I have been to the house at derryhurk it is now in ruins I taken some photos and will try and up load them for you.  I have now started trying to dig deeper and I am going to go back to derryhurk in a few weeks to see if there is any info in the local church etc..if u have any questions let me know :-)

Offline Aaron Clancy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 17 August 17 05:51 BST (UK) »
What a gift thanks, have been hoping to find out more about your branch, and to see the home on the Loch that our ancesters lived in!!! I had Maria Wootton (nee Clancy) the author of "Historical notes on the ancient sept of Clancy/Glancy (MacFhlannchadha) of Dartry" helping me with your branch. She was the one who found Elizabeth Clancy, as I could never find her baptism at the family Catholic Church in Kinlough. Once I tracked the family land in the Griffiths Valuation she helped me find records of the home ownership. I'd hoped that Edward John and Peter Joseph hadn't died in WWI/WWII, do you know what happeded to Peter's brother Edward? I have attached all I know so far on your branch before meeting you. Where do you live now and is it near your Clancy family? Looking forward to hearing more and having someone to help locally  ;D

Offline Michael Clancy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 September 17 18:35 BST (UK) »
Dear Aaron,
Thank you for all the research you have done into our mutual family connections!
I can contribute to the completion of William John Clancy's (son of William and Margaret) line. I am one of his grandsons.

William was born on 25 September 1891 in Glasgow and was baptised at St Patrick's Anderson on 27 September. He died on 6 September 1968 in Glasgow.

William was married:
(first) to Teresa Frances Barry (1896-1922) on 28 June 1918 at St Patrick's Anderson. They had two children Virginia (1919-1942) who died without children and Margaret (May 1922-September 1922).
(second) to Mary O'Donnell (1899-1979) on 20 February 1924 at St Joseph's Glasgow. They had two children William (1925-1989) who married Patricia Quinn (1930-2003) in 1950 (my parents) and Moira (1928-2015) who married Ralph Mills and who died without children.

Offline Aaron Clancy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 11 September 17 07:21 BST (UK) »
So your a Clancy descended from the line on William's! Well that is just fantastic! I have hoped to get in touch with the branch of family that stayed in Glasgow one day. This photo is from William John Clancy's Navy record off Scotlands People. I found much of the family on this website but I struggled with finding more recent family. Thanks for the info and help finding more on your family.

Offline Aaron Clancy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Peter Clancy died 1933 in Timaru, NZ
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 14 September 17 19:25 BST (UK) »
Thought I'd add my place in this family tree for those interested. My great great grandad was Charles Peter Clancy who came to New Zealand in 1911 from Anderston, Glasgow with wife Jane Whyte (m1906). He was a Barman and got his first job here in Christchurch with his uncle John O'Neil at the Grosvenor Hotel. His son George Clancy (b1909,d1983), a Salesman & Caretaker and wife Mavis Ellen Cambridge (m1927) had child Ross Frederick Clancy (b1929, d2000). Ross was a Postal Officer, Singer & Sax player who married Nola Ruth Lawton (1952) and had 2 Children, one of who was my father Donald John Clancy (b1955, d1990). Don was Manager of the first Courier company in NZ and died in a vehicle accident in Rotorua, New Zealand.

Offline TommyH99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Is there a family tree online somewhere for Peter Clancy & do of his descendants have their DNA analysis anywhere. I am on MyHeritage, Ancestry & Gedmatch.

Offline Aaron Clancy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 08 January 18 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi there, I have a ydna test at familytreedna, and am about to receive my autosomal test from ancestry. I only have the same ancestral tree on there. If you’d like to know more about the tree I’m always happy to trade research. I’ve done heaps and spent lots of money on buying records at rootsireland and scotlandspeople. Let us know what branch your from at least. Thanks.

Offline TommyH99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 08 January 18 17:28 GMT (UK) »
AAron,
I am originally from the area known locally as the Loughside, with Kerrigan & Clancy links. I don't think I am connected to the Derryherk Clancys, but I have connections to some of the other people mentioned in the thread. However most people in the Loughside area are connected in some way so it will be interesting to see if we come up with a DNA match. I also suggest that you download your DNA raw data from Ancestry & upload it to other sites, particularly Gedmatch. Do you know if the Derryherk Clancys were connected to the Laureen Clancys? Also wondering if anyone has spoken to the current owner of the land. I understand we shouldn't mention names of living people in this forum. I received your PM but I don't seem to be able to reply to you by PM. Can you PM your email address to me.

Offline Aaron Clancy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 04 February 18 03:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Michael, I haven't been able to reply privately but I'd love to keep in touch. You can get in contact via Removed. Would love to share info and family stories but generally just connect if I ever make it to Scotland and Ireland. Hope all is well, Aaron

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php