Author Topic: pidsley  (Read 2584 times)

Offline tommo2223

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
pidsley
« on: Monday 09 May 05 20:03 BST (UK) »
William pidsley was born in chepstow in 1871 he married Emma Morgan DOB 1873 in 1890 i was wondering if he was married to a fanny Morgan before this marriage if there was any children and what dates did any of them pass away after 1901 they seem to of dissappeared

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: pidsley
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 May 05 21:00 BST (UK) »
If you look on FreeBMD or ancestry.co.uk you will find two marriages for a William Pidsley.     Dec 1890 Chepstow 11a 39 to Fanny Morgan and Jun 1898 Cardiff 11a 606 to Emma Morgan.   This does not agree with the information you give.    It look as if Emma was the second wife.    There is a death for Fanny Pidsley age 26 in Chepstow Dec 1897 11a 1   This was free information.
1901 census - index free to search at ww.census.pro.gov.uk
William Pidsley age 30 House painter b Shepton Mallet
Emma 28
Emma 10
Mary 8
William 6
Dau 2 weeks all born Chepstow

Hope it helps
Andrea

Offline tommo2223

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 May 05 21:40 BST (UK) »
was there any children from the first marriage and why can't i find out williams death record . the other was very helpful thank you carol

Offline tommo2223

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 May 05 21:43 BST (UK) »
Williamr the help do you know if there were children from the first marriage and hoe can i find when william and emEmmaied ththanksonce again carol and was fanny eEmma'ssister

Offline tommo2223

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 May 05 21:58 BST (UK) »
no idea what happened to that last message i will start again    thank you for the information but how do i find out if they got divorced and when william and emma died and did fanny and william have children

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 May 05 08:24 BST (UK) »
If you look closely at the information I sent you will see that Fanny died in 1897 and he then married Emma in 1898.   Therefore it seems a good bet that the children in 1901 are all Fanny's except for the youngest daughter age 2 weeks.   The only way to prove this positively is to get the birth certificates - search for them on 1837online - or look for baptism records.
In order to discover if Fanny and Emma were sisters you need to find them in an earlier census.  1881 is on www.familysearch.org    You know where Emma was born and you know both their ages - should not be too hard even with a very common name like Morgan.    Otherwise you will have to get both marriage certificates and see if the details for the father are the same.     I am not sure when it became legally possible to marry your deceased wife's sister.
Deaths are also all on 1837online.  I am afraid it is just a question of searching through then until you find likely ones.  There is no magic formula unfortunately.   If you are lucky they might be on the free sites I mentioned in my earlier posting.
Andrea

Offline tommo2223

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 May 05 16:29 BST (UK) »
thanks for your reply Emma and fanny were sisters do you have any idea how i can find out why William pidsley and fanny separated and when they divorced . and also was it in those days 1890S illegal to marry your sister in law. i am getting really intrigued

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 May 05 19:03 BST (UK) »
What makes you think William and Fanny divorced?  As I said earlier there is a possible death for Fanny and it is more than likely that her sister came to look after the children and they then married.   It was a religious objection - table of kindred and affinity - about marrying two sisters.  Have a look at a book of Common Prayer or try it on Google.   I am not sure when the one about wife's sister was allowed.   It is not in the current table.
Divorce was very uncommon.
Andrea