Author Topic: Sidney Frederick and Emma Abrams  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Paz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sidney Frederick and Emma Abrams
« on: Friday 25 November 11 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Could you tell me how I can get info from Bulawayo ref the deaths of the above in 1947, please.   I should also like to know  how I can obtain a birth certificate for  the son of BRUCE WALTER ABRAMS and JACQUELINE DAY, also born in Bulawayo  cerca 1957.  Perhaps you could let me know whether Bruce is still living.

Many thanks in advance,

Paz
Researching:  Hands in Sussex, Surrey and Durham; Gill in Liverpool. Wallasey and Burscough; Forshaw in Burscough and Lathom, Lancs., Matthias in London; Bray in Yorkshire and Lancashire; Charnick in London; Cliff in Yorkshire, Perren, Kempf

Offline pampoen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sidney Frederick and Emma Abrams
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 November 11 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi your best bet is to place a post on this site, here is the link http://www.lind.org.zw/genweb/index.htm it is free.Cheers Derek
Austin, Ayling, Alborough, Bescoby, Cheal, Groom,Rathbone,Tarboton,Lyell and Smith.

Offline Paz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 November 11 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Derek, will do.

Paz
Researching:  Hands in Sussex, Surrey and Durham; Gill in Liverpool. Wallasey and Burscough; Forshaw in Burscough and Lathom, Lancs., Matthias in London; Bray in Yorkshire and Lancashire; Charnick in London; Cliff in Yorkshire, Perren, Kempf

Offline BALTRASNA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 01 December 11 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw your post on Rootschat! Would your Sidney Frederick be the son of Charlotte (born POUND) and Louis or Lewis ABRAMS who lived in Taung, Northern Cape, South Africa during the latter part of the 1800's and early 1900's?  If so you are related to me and I would love to know more about Sidney Frederick Abrams and his descendants. Charlotte Pound was the sister of my grandmother, Mary Ann Pound (married Frederick Sansom) and after her first husband died she married Louis Abrams. I saw somewhere that she had one child with Louis but don't know anything about him. As children we used to play with a Lydia Abrams at Taung, but we never found out whether she was related or not. Lydia would be around 60 years old now. 

I would love to hear from you as then I could fill you in about the Pound family.

Offline CANABS.COM

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 January 12 17:35 GMT (UK) »
BALTRASNA, I can not find an email to respond to your information about Sidney Frederick Abrams.I am his daughter and my email address is *.It does sound as though we may be related because I vaguely remember the name Sansom but I was very young at the time of my fathers death.Can you find out when my father was born?Do you know when my father lost contact with his parents?I also remember him receiving a telegram notyfing him of his fathers death.I am so sorry to have taken ages to answer your message.I hope to hear from you again.Regards
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline nogtans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 11 March 12 11:54 GMT (UK) »
I had a friend at school ,Hartswater , close to Taung by the name of Gerald Abrams. His father owned a shop in Taung .Gerald will be about 57 now.I have been trying to trace him .The only clue is this notice in the government gazette--I hope it is not the same person:

"Government Gazette No. 29859 - 11 May 2007
Legal Records: Notices to Creditors in Deceased Estates

Abrams, Gerald John
www.greengazette.co.za/.../legal-notices-a-29859-... - Translate this page
11 Mei 2007 – ... 2007 17552/05—Abrams, Gerald John, 26/12/1954, 5412265107088, ... Ellen Julia Nel as nominee of the Standard Bank of South Africa ...

Will appreciate any help, thanks

Offline fredab

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 April 13 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Baltrasna

Lydia is my aunt and my great grandfather, Fred Abrams was a cousin of Lewis. Fred had nine children, (Fred Robert... my grandfather and Lydia's father).

Hi Nogtans

Unfortunately you are correct, Gerald, my uncle and Lydia's brother passed away in 2007.

Offline uncle024

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 January 16 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Charlotte Pound was the sister of my grandmother, Mary Ann Pound (married Frederick Sansom) and after her first husband died she married Louis Abrams.
Charlotte's first husband was James Henry BELLEW, and they had three children, James Henry Boyne BELLEW b1874,Thomas William BELLEW 1875-1920,William Frederic BELLEW b1880. Thomas married Hester Catherine KOORSTEN and had 5 children. I am interested in the BELLEW connection as  our BELLEW's from Ireland use Boyne as a Christian name, but yet to make connection.

Offline Paz

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 January 16 16:18 GMT (UK) »
I am no longer in contact with the Abrams family.   I researched them originally as a favour.  I think you need to send  your messages to Cantabs.

Thank you.