Author Topic: Nolan (Nowlan) & Mulhall, Borris in Ossory  (Read 9941 times)

Offline irishrose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nolan (Nowlan) & Mulhall, Borris in Ossory
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 December 11 08:02 GMT (UK) »
There was a Nolan family in Sleaty, Graigue which is in Laois, but the church is in a suburb of Carlow. They were neighbours of my ancestors, who co-incidently was  also a shepherd.  The church records  are available to view (some are quite poor quality) on the Carlow genealogy website. 

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 December 11 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi
seen your last post re. James Nolan born Oldcourt Ballylinan 1869
As far as i am aware you can rule him out (presuming he was born 18 12 1869) as his parents were James Nolan and Margaret Lennon
His father was a farmer and some of the family are still living there
Not much help i know
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline patrick.nolan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 March 14 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have a feeling we have your James in our Tree. If I am right, his Brother Martin my GGF also worked for the railroad. We were known as the Nolan's of the Railroad in Dualla outside Cashel. All the line comes form Rathdowney. We have a Jack in our tree, and unless he had a twin sister, its plausible the year you have might be wrong, but very close. The Railroad is the key tip here. Worst case they are cousins or railroad was the only employment and its a coincidence. Any way to chat off this thing? They were all in Ballybuggy and Glosha. Jack was one of 12+ children.