Author Topic: Tandragee Cemetry Lookup  (Read 31965 times)

Offline jaybee1946

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tandragee Cemetry Lookup
« Reply #27 on: Monday 13 August 12 08:09 BST (UK) »
I was so glad to read this entry. Edward Bennett was my great great grandfather and handed over to Robert Bennett your great, great, great grandfather when he arrived in Melbourne in 1852 with his father Johnathan, step mother Septima and other family members. From my investigations Johnathan's father William remained in Ireland as I expect  did Robert's father Robert. Maybe William and Robert were brothers. Do you know details of when and how Robert came to Victoria? I will try to get hold of the book.

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 18 August 12 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hello all

My Robert Bennett born 1848 was a son of Robert Bennett who married Elizabeth Ann Redpath in Tandragee on the 14th January 1847. Robert Senior was a son of William Bennett & Ann Rennie. Known brothers include William, George and Jonathon all of who came to Australia.

Robert was buried on the 24th April 1849 at Tandragee. Elizabeth or Betty Ann as she was known by then married George Guinea on the 22nd of June 1852 also in Tandragee. George & Betty Ann came to Australia on board the "Clara" arriving in Portland in 1854.

Robert Bennett (son) did not come out to Australia until 1868 on board the "White Star". He went on to marry Susanna Buck in 1872 and had a large family of seventeen children of whom we have pretty much traced. We are planning a reunion for 2014 and want to have the information as complete as possible for then.

Elizabeth Ann Redpath was confirmed on the 28th September 1828 Tandragee and was a daughter of Thomas & Grace Redpath.
Other known brothers & sisters were: James, Grace & Thomas Redpath. Any information about these Irish Redpaths would be most welcome.

Thanks

Offline jaybee1946

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 18 August 12 08:59 BST (UK) »
I am a great, great grand daughter of Johnathan but have no info on the Redpath family. Johnathan and  his son Edward, came to Australia in 1852 and Edward, my great grandfather spent the last of his days in Briagolong along with many of his children including my grandfather George Oliver Bennett.
Janne Blacker

Offline Paula Griffiths

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 18 August 12 09:46 BST (UK) »
I have started a couple of groups on FB on other family lines and by combining our information have had alot of success in filling gaps and gathering information and photos.

If anyone is related to these families, please come and join us so we can correspond together https://www.facebook.com/groups/110219635793734/

Cheers,
Paula

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 19 August 12 03:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Janne

Your Johnathan and my Robert who died in Ireland were brothers. I have a little info about your line but it has mostly come off the internet. Am happy to share. Is there anything in particular you want to know? A friend is travelling to ireland next year and we are compiling a list for her to look at.

Tania

Offline jaybee1946

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 19 August 12 06:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tania, Trying to establish siblings of William Bennett who married Anne Rennie - was there one also named Robert? Robert Bennett who became Mayor of Melbourne was born in Tandragee in 1822.
Janne

Offline Bennett12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 20 August 12 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Janne

Robert Bennett son of William Bennett & Anne Rennie died in Ireland before the other brothers came to Australia. The Robert Bennett who became Lord Mayor of Melbourne is not the son of William & Anne Bennett.

Have joined Paula's Facebook group.

Cheers Tania

Offline jaybee1946

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 20 August 12 04:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tania. Trying to establish why my great grandafther and gg grandafther were passed into care of Robert Bennett who owned Globe Hotel. Yes I  joined the Paula's facebook page.
regards
Janne

Offline joannamw18

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 21 November 13 06:50 GMT (UK) »
hey everyone.....
from what i found out about robert bennett. william and ann son robert bennett married jane guy im not related but ive studied the bennett family tree from tandragee, armagh,northern ireland cause im dating robert bennetts 5th great grandson (surname harris i cant tell his name thats private) robert bennett and jane guy had a son john bennett he married margaret ewings...