Author Topic: Kennedy, Nenagh  (Read 9400 times)

Offline sirikit2008

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kennedy, Nenagh
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 January 12 14:27 GMT (UK) »
There are two Philip Kennedys in the Tithe Applotment books, one in Silver St (Nenagh Civil Parish; no occupation mentioned) and one in the townland of Knockallen (Lisbunny CP - marches with Nenagh CP). No Philip Kennedy listed in the 1824 edition of Pigot's Directory.

Offline finnbaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 January 12 01:16 GMT (UK) »
 :)Thank you very much for your reply. It is very difficult to find out who were my gggrandmother's parents, as Catherine died very young. Her daughter Sarah Jane Cousins (my ggrandmother) was born in 1859 and died in 1954. So I have great memories her, but being only 9 when Catherine passed away her family history is very hard to come by. So I am not sure what to do now, but thank you so very much for you interest in sending me these details.
Regards finnbaker. Victoria Australia.

Offline Delizy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 December 14 04:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi  :)
Catherine Kennedy is my 4th great grandmother, unfortunately some of the information you have is incorrect sorry to say. It is not possible that she came out in 1849. Catherine had her first child with Joseph Cousins in 1845. It is true they married in 1849. As far as Catherine, 1833 is the baptism record and the year it was recorded. Her parents were Philip Kennedy and Judy Nolan. If you'd like to get in touch with me, you're more than welcome. Always lovely to meet new relatives, this would make you my third cousin 2x removed  ;)
Hope you have a lovely Christmas  :)

Offline finnbaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 December 14 12:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Delizy, Many thanks for you reply regarding Catherine Kennedy and Joseph Cousins. All my information is correct, so maybe there are two couples with the same names. My Catherine came to Victoria Australia on the Pemberton which landed in Port Phillip in May 1849, and she was married to Joseph Cousins in June 1849, three weeks after her arrival here. She is listed in a book called Barefoot and Pregnant. Joseph Cousins was previously married to Mary Tobin, in 1840 and had a child Ellen Cousins and another one Mary Anne, who died in infancy . Mary Tobin Cousins died in 1849.  Together Catherine and Joseph had nine children, of which one Sarah Jane was my ggrandmother. Catherine died aged 36 in 1868 after the birth of her last child Alice, who died a few months later. They are all buried in the Melbourne General Cemetery plot L599. Also a letter was sent to the Nenagh Guarding in 1850, giving details of the girls that arrived together, which was published in this paper. Hope you keep in touch. Could you please tell me where you reside. I am in Doncaster Victoria Australia.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year Regards Janice (Finn)Chapman

Offline Delizy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 13 December 14 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi cousin Janice,
No, we are definitely talking about the same Catherine Cousins nee. Kennedy.  I have searched records and there was a Catherine Kennedy that came out in 1849, plus two other Catherine Kennedy's. However, there is a child Elizabeth born in 1845. Listed on the register to Joseph & Cath Cousin? Which makes me think that coming out in 1849 doesn't all add up. At the same time, if his first wife Mary as you say didn't pass away till 1849. Then how does the entry exist on the register. It's all very interesting, I think there is more to the story than what we already know maybe? There were quite a few Catherine Kennedy's. I think I need to look into and see why there is another child in 1845 and it isn't the previous wife you listed either Mary.  Is a bit strange and it isn't the first multiple entry for Joseph and Catherine Cousins.
Yes, my 4th great grandmother passed away on the 5th of November 1868. Only 16 days after the birth of her daughter Alice :( Alice passed away 1869 aged 7 months :(
My nana is Catherine's 2nd great granddaughter.  Elizabeth Catherine Brooks nee. Cousins 1851 is my 3rd great grandmother. Also, have you read the will & probate of Joseph?  It is very interesting,  my 3rd great grandmother Elizabeth Brooks was the administrator of her father's will.  My 3rd great grandmother goes on to say in a letter, that the said Sarah Pierce was informed by me (Elizabeth) and also said sister Mary Ann that I (Elizabeth) was making an application for authority for administration. Sarah refused to sign and my 3rd great grandmother says she knowingly knows the application will be made. All other siblings signed. Also, one sister was excluded from administering. Are you able to shed any light on this? I'm in Victoria,  I don't like to share my private details online.  Is there some way I could inbox you maybe?
I have little ones, so may not always reply straight away.
Will definitely try and keep in touch :)
Hope you have lovely Christmas & New Year too,
Kind regards :)

Online conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 13 December 14 16:09 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Link here tells you how you can send a "Personal Message"

Offline finnbaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 December 14 01:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Many thanks for your email, sorry but I do not know your name. The Catherine born in 1845 has Catherine Cant as her mother. I have the birth certificates for all the children, I also have all the details of their births and deaths. I have Joseph and Catherines marriage certificate, also his marriage to Mary Tobin. I have a copy of the letter of administration from Joseph's will and Elizabeth as the person in charge, do not know about the other details you have. Would love to have a copy. As you do not wish to have private information on line, which I agree with, would you like to contact me *. I do know I have Brooks relatives, as they are buried with their grandparents in Melbourne General Cemetery. I really would like to speak with you, as I have also recently been contacted by a Brooks ancestor in USA. And would like to fill you in on this, if you don't already know.
Regards Jan.

* Moderator comment: personal e-mail and telephone number removed in accordance with RootsChat normal practice.  Please use the personal messay=ge system to exchange such details.   New members ay need to make two or three posts before being able to access this system.  Thanks.