Author Topic: Clifford family help  (Read 13084 times)

Offline DKimberley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Clifford family help
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Going back to this family (which may or may not be the ones you are looking for)-
Mary catherine clifford    (b.1914)
Thomas Clifford            (b.1916)
Elizabeth F Clifford       (b.1917)
Winifred Margaret Clifford (b.1918)
Charles A Clifford         (b.1920)
Thomas Francis Clifford    (b.1920)
James   Clifford      (b.1921)

Charles and Thomas both born 1920 so these could be 'Charlie and twin', 1st Thomas died young, Elsie could be a nickname for Elizabeth (although my friend Elsie is really Hester)...

thanks again - the plot thickens, although thats a big family if the others came later in the 1920s. I've just emailed my Aunt to see what she can tell me.
Kimberley, Allen, Perry, Bird, Lenton, Marston, Clifford, Seth, Walsh, Belson

Offline juliewhit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 14 August 12 15:00 BST (UK) »
HI Not sure if I'm using this right but the message is for Kimberley who is searching James Clifford.  My mum Eileen (Ellen) Clifford was his daugher and your nan's (May, real name Mary) sister.  Your great grandad James Clifford was a postman for a lot of years.  He married Margaret Devlin and they had the following children, I'm not too sure of the order although I know May was the eldest.

Mary (May)
Bernie
Mona (Martha)
Elsie (Elizabeth)
James
Charles
Eileen (Ellen)
Patricia
Winnie

I believe Charles had a twin brother (possibly called Aloysius), who died in infancy, also there wasanother brother who died as a young child. 

Jimmy (the son of James), Mona, Bernie and Winnie all emigrated to Canada.  Eileen, May and Elsie moved to mainland UK and Charlie stayed in northern Ireland.  He was married to Bridget and they did not have any children.

I know all of the Clifford siblings have died with the exception of Mona - I don't know if she has passed away or not.  I guess she would be in her 80s now if still alive.

Unfortunately I don't know too much about your great grandad's family but judging by his children he (and Maggie his wife) were real characters!  I don't know if you remember your nan, May, but she was the biggest character of them all. 

I'm not sure which of May's children is your parent, but I guess we are second or third cousins!

Offline juliewhit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 16 August 12 10:50 BST (UK) »
If Kimberley reads this, I am having problems sending a PM as I don't think I've made enough postings.  Will try to reply soon (I'm new to this I'm afraid)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 16 August 12 11:37 BST (UK) »
Julie,
       Make another posting in reply to this and the PM system should then accept your message.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline juliewhit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 16 August 12 12:41 BST (UK) »
thanks, I'll try and see what happens.

Offline daoine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 14 October 17 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm sure you have progressed with your research by this stage. My Grandmother was Ellen Clifford who would have been cousin to your James, both my uncle and myself have extensive information on the Clifford Clan, mostly they worked on the Northern Railway line in foyle road, many of them lived in that area, I myself grew up on the foyle road across the street from the railway. If you need any info contact me on (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php