Author Topic: CONNOLLY AND QUIGLY MEATH  (Read 9687 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: malcolm connolly+ayrshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 August 15 11:40 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know of a Malcolm Connolly who had a son Robert b. Scotland.  Don't have specific dates, sorry.  From 1800's through to 1900's. 

Hi,

I don't mean to sound rude but you must have some sort of idea of dates unless you picked the name out of a hat  ::)

Within 20 yrs is one thing but 100 yrs is another  :-\

Can you please elaborate on the story of Robert to narrow things down  ???

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline dinny

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 August 15 16:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply. Sorry you could not help. 

2 individuals related and mentioned in my query.  Their lives collectively could span 100 years.  Would not have placed the query had I been able to find them.   Regards - Dinny. 

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 August 15 17:56 BST (UK) »
Years aside, it would still be helpful if you could give any further clues to Malcolm and Robert, no matter how insignificant you feel them to be, otherwise folks trying to assist will be grasping at straws (and greased ones at that).

For example, as ammack has said, presumably you did not pull both names from a hat and have knowledge that led you to connect Malcolm with Robert and vice versa, and similarly that led you to link them with Scotland and possibly Ireland.

There is suggestion at  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FG69-PDP of an 1848 marriage between a Robert Connolly and a Sarah Quigley in Ireland, with that Robert having a father named Malcolm. I haven't had time to check it via other sites, but wonder if you have already checked it further to see if the information is accurate and/or if a potential for your chaps?

Now checked, seems to have been in the Londonderry area. 
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 August 15 18:29 BST (UK) »
Ah, it seems I am duplicating the good work of others as you already know of this Robert and Sarah topics merged by moderator

You may also already be aware of the following about the Malcolm Connolly of Rasharkin:

Malcolm Connolly and Mary Wilson.  Malcolm
was in the linen business on both sides of the Bann but I believe more
Rasharkin. and into Belfast.

as found at
http://www.torrens.org.uk/ListArchives/4qd-bannvalley/2003-July.txt

albeit this http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/IRL-BELFAST-CITY/2006-11/1163203898 suggests that Malcolm of Rasharkin had a wife named Jane.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .