Author Topic: George DOMINEY  (Read 4788 times)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George DOMINEY
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 23:32 GMT (UK) »
Marwood and family in 1901:
Reference RG13, Piece 2351, Folio 21, Page 5
Church Row, Saltford, Somerset

Dominey, Marwood  Head  M  35  Nursery Gardener  b Knowle St Giles
Dominey, Mary J  Wife  F  38  Laundress  b Saltford
Dominey, Herbert F  Son  M  9  b Saltford
Dominey, Edgar G  Son  M  4  b Saltford

N.B. Herbert & Edgar are enumerated as Dom!

And that confirms my link of Herbert Frank to Marwood! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline egeria

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Would seem to concur on your Marwood Dominey info.....I also seem to have other children noted for him, viz: George and Albert, so not sure where they fit in, if at all. On kinship, I am the second great grandnephew of Marwood.... ;D

It seems obvious as someone mentioned, that there appear to be two George and Elizabeth Dominey families hereabouts, which is very confusing.

Offline David Dominey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 February 18 18:54 GMT (UK) »
My name is David Dominey and I am a distant relative of George Dominey. My 2nd great grandparents were John Dominey born 1793 in Thurlbear, Somerset and Mary Facey born Clayhidon Devon in 1796. They had 4 children who lived into adulthood, George, Thomas, John and Mary Ann. John Dominey was my great grandfather and George's brother and moved to the Bournemouth and Poole area of Dorset where he was a gardener. He had 6 children, and they mainly stayed in the Bournemouth area, although 1 emigrated to Canada. I was born in Bournemouth but have lived in London for some 35 years, virtually my whole working life. I'm fascinated about the USA connections, I knew some of the family emigrated there but have no information. Most of my information is about later generations, although the parents of John Dominey were Thomas Dominey (born 1760 Staple Fitzpaine, Somerset) and Hannah Spiller born Thurlbear 1768. I'd be most interested to hear from you.