Author Topic: Jones/ Penygelly / Kerry Church  (Read 9913 times)

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock

Offline Rachel Louise

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Jones/ Penygelly / Kerry Church
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 23:02 BST (UK) »
Resurrecting an old chat here but just come across it. I have a John Jones and Charlotte Owens in my family tree as well. They married on the 26th April 1822 in Newtown Parish Church, Wales and I know this as it is verified in a very old family bible we have. However our John and Charlotte moved to York shortly afterwards and were living there on the 1841 census. They had a daughter (my ancestor), Mary Ann Elizabeth Jones who was born 29th Dec 1829, also in York. This Mary Jones married James Bakes and we eventually end up in Hull (Bakes is my surname).

I just wondered if the person who had started this chat got any further with this? It would be great if we could connect the two but I can't help but think that our Charlotte and John's are different people as you have yours still in Wales on the 1841 census? But I noticed the marriage on the 26th April 1822 was mentioned somewhere?