Author Topic: BEAUCHAMP Family and descendents  (Read 3153 times)

Offline BONNIEJEAN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BEAUCHAMP Family and descendents
« on: Wednesday 07 December 11 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Seeking information on the family of  Bertie Thomas Beauchamp born 1896,married Annie Fry around 1920 and had 2 children. These children  if alive may now be in their 90s. We believe that Bertie died in 1956.Very little on Ancestry searches. Perhaps burial records might reveal some details.Many thanks all.

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BEAUCHAMP FAMILY AND DESCENDENTS
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 22:56 GMT (UK) »
If you've looked on Ancestry, I expect you found his medal card for WW1 in the Army Service Corps? Have you got him in the 1901 and 1911 censuses?
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline BONNIEJEAN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BEAUCHAMP Family and descendents
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 December 11 11:05 GMT (UK) »
 Yes  census records are fine and war files.It is the next layer of this long lost family that eludes me!

Bertie 's daughter Phyllis k was born in 1920 and married Neville r h Abbott in 1939 in Salisbury. There were 2 children,from family remembering, a boy and a girl we think.

Neville is later traced to Durban South Africa where he  has a new family and he dies there . No evidence of a later marriage for Phyllis but she is untraceable so perhaps she did remarry and I cant find her because she has a new name.

The children of Neville Abbott and Phyllis Beauchamp are found on a family tree,private,no names, and  still alive but no trace on Ancestry.

Any help gratefully received.

Offline AngelaR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 December 11 20:35 GMT (UK) »
The more recent records are a bit difficult on RootsChat because of the restriction on posting anything where the person concerned may still be alive.

However, if any of us manages to find anything for Bertie's children/grandchildren, we can send you a PM.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Especially looking for - Sealey, Rogers, Cannings, Box, Sheppard in Wiltshire; Virgin, Slade, Abbott, Saint, Harper, Silverthorn in Somerset; and Virgin, Tarr, Beer in Devon

And most especially the origins of William Cannings,  a Baptist, born abt 1791 in Broughton Gifford, Wiltshire

Offline BrookeTresahar

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 29 January 12 15:40 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather, John Stuart Brooke (born 1893) met and became friends with a man called (last name) Beauchamp in New York City in about 1918/1919.  He was Beauchamp's best man at his high society wedding at St Thomas church/catheadral on 5th Avenue in NYC that took place in 1920.  They were both Englishman and became friends on the coincidence of both owning and wearing the same family ring (thus having some family connection).  Could this Beauchamp be your Bertie Beauchamp?

Kind regards

Amber Thacker

Offline HugoBeauchamp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bonny Jean

I'm sure that your Bertie Thomas Beauchamp is my 2nd cousin once removed. I was looking at some of my 2 x gt grandfather Charles Beauchamp's (1807 - 1887) descendants and discovered your interest at RootsChat. Are you still looking - I do have some information on Phyllis K.

Stuart (aka H) :)

Drogheda, Co Louth - Magee/McGee
Dublin City - Brady, Magee/McGee, McNally, Sheridan, Taylor
Mitchelstown, Co Cork - Hyland, Martin, Russell
Ballyporeen, Co Tipperary - Russell