Author Topic: TIPPERARY, Thules, twomileboris, littleton  (Read 5487 times)

Offline artmulh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
TIPPERARY, Thules, twomileboris, littleton
« on: Tuesday 10 May 05 16:24 BST (UK) »
Can anyone look up Mulholland in Tipperary in the 1901 census. Looking for a James Mulholland and wife either Catherine or Kathleen Campion. Reportedly property owners in Littleton. Town either Thurles Town or Twomileboris, Tipperary. Children, Edmond 1869, Bridget 1871, My Grandfather James ( born 1874,) Patrick1876, and Arthur  1979, Kathleen believe 1886, John Unknown and two others. My Grandfather (James)left there in 1898 to come to the USA. Chicago, but died in an accident in 1909. Any help appreciated. Art Mulholland
Mulholland, James
Thurles. County Tipperary, Ireland
beginning 1850

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: TIPPERARY, Thules, twomileboris, littleton
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 January 10 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi...I'm from Tipperary myself and thought I would go through the board and see where I could help out. Unfortunately at the moment, I have no access to the 1901 census as its not on line yet and I am not near the local history office. But I had a look at the 1911 census for the Littleton area and there was still a family of Mulhollands around there. I don't know if there's any connection for you with them but I said I would post it up.

Ballybeg, Littleton:

Mulholland     James     73     Male     Head of Family     Roman Catholic
Mulholland     Kate     64     Female     Wife     Roman Catholic
Mulholland     Patrick     34     Male     Son     Roman Catholic
Mulholland     John     28     Male     Son     Roman Catholic
Mulholland     Johanna     21     Female     Daughter     Roman Catholic

Hope this helps
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut