Author Topic: Forder Family of West Tisted  (Read 14420 times)

Offline Torakite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Forder Family of West Tisted
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi PAULY2010

If you know some your relatives one of us may be able to fit you into our trees. Great to hear from you

Tora

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 13 June 12 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Pauly.

Same here. Give us some names and we can see where we fit in. My Mary Ann Forder was one of the middle children in a large family from West Tisted and was born in 1814. She married a William Hutchins and they moved to Northington/Swarraton where they raised their family.

If you go back to Trish's January 10th post she lists all the children in that family and the parents so it may be easy to spot who you are descended from in the early 1800's.

I just visited the area in Hampshire and it is a beautiful piece of England. Alresford is certainly a pleasant market town and would have been newly rebuilt when they all lived in the area after the town's fire. I can imagine them walking the streets on market days.

Welcome to the board. This thread is a great example of how helpful Rootschatters can be!

Offline argneli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 13 December 12 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am interested in the Forder family of West Tisted. Esther, daughter of Levi Forder and Ellen Elizabeth Tostafine, born Dec quarter 1854 is in our family tree. She married Harman Tarrant 1877 and they were in the 1881 census (as Tarrants) and 1891. Harman died 1891 after the census where they were living at Preston, Sussex. I cannot find out whether Esther married again or when she died. Does anyone have information about her. She had no children. Judith

Offline Rosemaryford

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 22 November 17 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am descended from Theresa Tostefine, and her husband Stephen Holt.
I do have Forder information in my family tree which I can give you if you like.
I know Theresa had a sister married to Ievi Forder who was I think was Ellen without looking.
I have a lot of info if it helps.
Hope I can help.

Rosemary

Offline BorneoVet

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 28 June 20 20:32 BST (UK) »
Have just joined the board.  My 3 x Great Grandfather was James Forder who was Baptised 6 Jan 1783 in West Tisted. His parents were John & Elizabeth. James married Elizabeth Cooper 19 Dec 1803 in West Tisted.  Have been researching my family tree for about 9 years and have built up a large collection of records including copies of some BMD Certificates.  Would like to hear from anyone with interest in the Forder Family of West Tisted.  I have over 700 individuals on my family tree.