Author Topic: Forder Family of West Tisted  (Read 14421 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Forder Family of West Tisted
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 15:59 GMT (UK) »
1841 Census
West Tisted, Hampshire
HO107/382/15/West Tisted
James FORDEN, 55
Elizabets, 55
John, 25
Naomi, 20
Levy, 15
George, 64
EMELY, 13
Lucy, 12
Lesse (Jesse), 3

JESSE Forden Christened 25 March 1838, West Tisted is the Son of MARY ANN Forden so borrn I would say before her Marriage to William HUTCHINS 1841
(Marriage is on Familyserarch, Marys Father JAMES, Williams GEORGE)

So looks to me there is only 1 Jesse born and he was with his Grandparents in 1841.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline RovingFord

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish, that is fascinating! I've only being researching for a couple of day, signed up to findmypast.co.uk, and it is great to know where else I can look for stuff; eating up my payasyougo credits!  :'(

Didn't even cross my mind that Emily might be Edwin Stephen's mother as he is living with his grandparents in 1851 whilst Emily is not (George & Naomi still are).

Thanks again,

Tom

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Your welcome Tom :)

Now at this stage I think she Married Edward NEWMAN and appears on the 1881/1891/1901 Census as Emily Newman born c 1828, West Tisted, Hampshire.
(I just searched for a Emily, no surname, born c 1828 West Tisted)

Trouble is I cant find the Marriage that convinces me totally.
FreeBMD has a Emily Forder Marriage, Dec 1873, Alresford, 2c 326.
But there are no other possible spouses listed on the page.

But if you search for a Marriage for Edward Newman March 1873-Dec 1873 he comes up with this Reg;
June 1873, Alresford, 2c 237 and a Elizabeth SMITH pops up.

Looks like it has been mistranscribed ie ref no and that is the correct Marriage.
See what you think.

They had no Children.

Trish (whos off to bed here in Australia) :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 January 12 16:28 GMT (UK) »
OK no so sure about that Marriage now as the IGI has Edward marrying Elizabeth SMITH, 1873.
Will have to look at this aagian tomorrow as my head is not working well at 3.00am.

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 00:25 GMT (UK) »
RovingFord.

You've found the right place here at Rootschat to get help when you need it. People are so helpful and skilled. I've pieced together my husband's family back history far beyond what is currently known to the point where it's become a terrific narrative to be sent to members of the family backed up by strong documented facts. I couldn't have done it without my rootschatters who helped me extricate myself from dead ends or solved a mystery that had caused a road block.

Maybe I'll see you in West Tisted one day but it's a long way from the US. Tiny place but very quaint!

Cheers... Viv

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 12:17 GMT (UK) »
I agree Viv. Rootschat is an amazing Community.

Look like Emily had another Illeg Child;
WALTER Forder, Baptised/Christened 21 April 1861, West Tisted, Hampshire
Mother EMILY Forder
(Source Familysearch.Org)
Look like he died age 8 in 1869, Death Reg March 1869, Alresford (FreeBMD) :(

Offline RovingFord

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 January 12 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the post Viv and thank you Trish for yet more info!

My tree is growing exponentially; it seems they were breeding like rabbits all within West Tisted. The parish is tiny with less than 200 people living there.
I think a trip to Hampshire is in order to have a look round the church!

Should probably do some of the work I'm paid for though... oops!

Tom

Offline RovingFord

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 January 12 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again for all the help. Having lots of fun piecing together all the different families that seem to have been around West Tisted in the early to mid 1800s.

Trish - thanks for you attempts at trying to find out what happened to Emily. I am still trying to find out what happened to her. Its interesting and frustrating how the same names appear in all the different families; although that is the traditional way and nature of genealogy!!

Rather than continually expand my tree (I've over 20 in one generation now) I'm trying to follow a few individuals: What happened to Edwin Stephen's mother (Emely b.1828)? Why was he not living with her in 1851? What made him move to the Kingston area of Surrey where he started his own family? There's no record of him between the 1951 census (aged 2 in West Tisted) and marrying his first wife Mary Ann Wood in Kingston, 1876! So much fun to be had, although I'm not expecting to find all the answers!

Happy hunting!

Tom

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 January 12 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tom,
1 Question answered;
In 1851 Emily Forder, age 29, birth c 1829, West Tisted, is a Servant (Housekeeper) in Tisheridge Household.
Even in those days a single Mother had to work and that explains why Edwin is with his Grandparents.
HO107/16878/39/8

Trish :)