Author Topic: Missing info on Tulloch / Wallace  (Read 17025 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing info on Tulloch / Wallace
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 14:14 GMT (UK) »
And finally...

My grandparents William Hay Wallace and Hilda Hoey.  They arrived at Fremantle Western Australia about 1927 with their three children William Hoey dec., John Hoey dec. and Kathleen Hoey. Born Lincoln Eng. 

"Ballarat" departed London, England 25 Nov.1926 for Fremantle, Australia
William Wallace, age 46, motor eng.
wife Mrs Hilda Wallace, age 27, and children William (3), John (2), Athleen (1)
Address- 46 Newland? St. W. Lincoln
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 27 December 14 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi M S Harmer,
From memory I found David Tulloch and Margaret Flemming on a census in Canada and they did have a child Martha older sister Catherine.
Rebecca and James married Canada around 1820 James Tulloch Wallace born 1860 to Catherine. Rachael was grandmother too old for children and I read they only had one son James who married Catherine Tulloch, My James was born about 7 months after Catherine and James married. I will go through my files and get dates for you when I have time but James Tulloch Wallace also had a sister Rachael Tulloch Wallace and I read her tree and Catherine was mother, Rachael was Grandmother same as I have found. I know James Tulloch Wallace died in Conetecuit USA and Catherine returned to Lanark Scotland to live out her life. A lot of information comes from The Book of Wallace Vol 1. It's confusing as there is 3 generations of James Wallace and was a descended from the family of Elderslie. To find the exact line I am going to order a book on the history of Kintyre as a the names of the wives seem to lead to there. Ive been reseaching the Wallace family for about 10 years on and off now and I feel like a time traveler - its been fascinating. Regards Nola

Posted on behalf of Nola
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 27 December 14 16:20 GMT (UK) »
As I mentioned earlier, some Scottish and Austrlaian certificates are likely needed to sort out this family as so much mis-information has been posted.

Several online trees gives David Wallace & Mary Menson or Malcolm as the parents of James Tulloch Wallace who married Agnes Tweeddale- with James T. Wallace death 1927 (some trees give Scotland and others do not list a place).

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 19 October 17 00:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah / Nola
You mentioned sometime ago more info on  Mcilmoyle as well as Tulloch Fleming and Wallace. I would be very interested in anything that may help fill in some gaps.
Regards
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 19 October 17 01:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Have you obtained any BDM certificates to help advance the quest and untangle the confusions ?
Hi MS,

Do you have the Sth Australian birth certificate for your Gran, Gladys Sutherland, born 1911? 

Do you have the Sth Australian birth certificate for your Gran's father, William Alexander Sutherland, born 1882?

Do you have the death certificate for the father of William Alexander Sutherland?

Cheers,  JM

and

Suspect that there's been quite a bit of a mix-up here regarding James Wallace marrying Agnes Tweeddale who was also Agnes Morgan Hay  :-\

There was an Agnes Morgan Hay (listed in Peerage site, etc.) who married (1865 India) General Edward Herbert Maxwell but 1926 probate record lists her as Agnes Moyan Hay or Maxwell died Edinburgh, Scotland (it's very common in Scotland for woman to continue using their maiden name after marriage).
Christening: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTTY-H79
http://www.thepeerage.com/p45983.htm

According to what's already been posted, James Wallace married (1860 Glasgow) Catherine Tulloch and their eldest son was also called James (born 1860 Glasgow).

It certainly looks like some Australian, and then Scottish, certificates do need to be checked to untangle this.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline M S Harmer

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 19 October 17 04:56 BST (UK) »
I have birth. Death, and marriage certs for William Alexander Sutherland.
Williams parents are deffinately  James Sutherland and Martha Tulloch.
Ward, Kempson, Donovan, Kiesler, Sutherland, Anesbury, Haines, Crowle, Smith, Benfold, Binstead, Bairstow, Tullock, Wallace, Wood, Oakland, Parker, Payne, Stokes, Botten, Stacy, Brooks, Harmer, Sinclair

Offline Nola Wallace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 19 October 17 09:13 BST (UK) »
Martha and Catherine were sisters and they had a brother Thomas. Parents were David Tulloch and Margaret Flemming. 🤗

Offline Nola Wallace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 20 October 17 03:45 BST (UK) »
Rebecca Mcilmoyle 1820 Rothesay minor m in Canada James Wallace 21 born Fife. Discharged merchant marine ill health. Family moved to Bann valley Ireland were James was born 1836. Rebecca's mimes listed as Mullan there (Irish way of spelling). Then moved to Glasgow. Rebecca's parents were Thomas Mcilmoyle & Mary Ann Barbour. She died on voyage to Canada. Son James married Catherine Tulloch. Parents of James Tulloch Wallace partner in WW Hill son & Wallace m Agnes Tweeddale. She is of the Hay family but used Tweeddale name. My g grand parents. 🕵🏾