Author Topic: Potographer in Coldstream  (Read 9002 times)

Offline efrisken

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Potographer in Coldstream
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 December 15 00:06 GMT (UK) »
I found this one among a collection of old various FRISKEN family photos.  I'm doing a One Name Study of this family name - please let me know if you have any clues as to the individual.  I have further information and a large tree of all the associated families in the area of Coldstream at the time the photo was likely to have been taken.

It would be very useful to know if the photographer John Foster used different logos on the rear of the prints during his time in Coldstream.

Offline WendyWW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 07 July 17 21:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Ross, I know this was posted a long while ago but it was an interesting recent find for me.  John Foster is also my 3 x grand uncle.  I am descended from John's sister Jane who married Robert Davidson in Coldstream.  I have found a few photos taken by John recently on Ebay and made digital copies.  Happy to forward to you in case you don't already have them.  Just wish I knew who the sitters were!

Wendy

Offline WendyWW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 07 July 17 22:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Ed, As I am new on here, it appears I am unable to PM you directly to send attachments until I have posted a few more messages on here.  I have the photos all copied onto a Word doc and there are 3 different logo designs on them but I'm not sure how I can get them to you.  I think if you search on Ebay for 'John Foster Coldstream' they should still all show up.  Sorry!!

Wendy

Offline Musli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 April 18 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Ross and Wend
I was just trying to get info on a photo I have and stumbled upon your message board. If you are still interested, I have a photo with the following stamp on the back: "Photographed by John Foster, High Street, Coldstream." Happy to send you a digital copy of both the front and back. It's a rather gorgeous picture of an ancestor named Annie Bolton in her prime. You might need to let me know how I can send it to you. Can we do private messages here?
All the best,
Corinne

Offline WendyWW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 15 April 18 08:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Corrine

Would love to see the picture - the 'Help' section explains how to send a PM on here.

Thanks  :)

Wendy

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 15 April 18 09:55 BST (UK) »
For help with dating photo backs, see:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070203055928/http://www.cartes.freeuk.com:80/time/time.htm

The original web page is down at the moment as it's a casualty of  Rootsweb problems.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***