Author Topic: Kilmacanogue Cemetery  (Read 26018 times)

Offline cati

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'm the one in the middle...
    • View Profile
Re: Kilmacanogue Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 January 12 09:16 GMT (UK) »
they have headstone transcriptions and photos - you have to scan through the photos to find the one that matches the number.

Kilmacanogue "New" Cemetary
   Transcription - part 1
   Photos - part 1

here's the Wicklow headstones homepage , and the IGP homepage.

I think the numbers are references used by the IGP to keep track, rather than official grave numbers.

Shane

Once again, thanks very much Shane,  Great Uncle Leo was a distant relation by marriage, but it's nice to have this information on my tree.

Cati
Bagot, Bate, Dominy,  Cox, Frost, Griffiths, Eccleston(e), Godrich, Griffiths, Hartland/Hartlin, Westwood, Spicer, Peake, Pass, Perry, Nuttle, Warrender

Catch the Blog at http://familytreeblogs.com/kate

Offline JAD81

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 May 12 19:10 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I have a few generations burried in Kilmac and I'm looking for someone in the old graveyard but so far have had no luck finding him, a lot of the gravestones are quite worn but I would be willing to help if I'm available the day you're going, if you haven't gone already??
Donnelly,Dublin. Curtis,Dublin. Doyle,Wicklow. Purcell, Offaly. Dwyer,Tipperary. Nolan,Wicklow. McGowan, portlaoise. Buggle, Wicklow/Dublin. Little,Dublin. Carroll, Wicklow. Mulligan,Wicklow.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 May 12 19:12 BST (UK) »
what names are looking for ?

I have some notes on the old graveyard I could check if you wish..

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline JAD81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:08 BST (UK) »
That would be great, thank you!! Looking for George and Sarah Doyle (nee Carroll) Sarah was married to William Neale/neill before George so she may be burried with him!? Also Sarah's parents Eugene and Joanne/Jane Carroll. Thank you!!
Donnelly,Dublin. Curtis,Dublin. Doyle,Wicklow. Purcell, Offaly. Dwyer,Tipperary. Nolan,Wicklow. McGowan, portlaoise. Buggle, Wicklow/Dublin. Little,Dublin. Carroll, Wicklow. Mulligan,Wicklow.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:20 BST (UK) »
I have Doyles in the area, so I've some notes to hand on the headstones with that surname in Old Kilmacanogue ... no George though, and the husbands of the two Sarahs listed are named Simon and Denis.

I'll check if I've anything on the other surnames you mentioned...

Where did your Doyles live ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline JAD81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:29 BST (UK) »
They are not my Doyles, they lived in Kilmurry and my Doyles are from Carrigoona commons and Glencormac. Sarah is on 1901 census with my gt grandfather(her son) Edward, address is Carrigoona commons west, district of Delgany. She's written that she's still married but I can't find George, it's a very common name!!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:38 BST (UK) »
I was concentrating on much earlier dates when I checked for Doyles - before  1870 or so.

One of the Doyle headstones I noted mentioned Kilmurry and some later dates - dont know if there's a possible connection with your Doyle ?

a summary of that headstone - Simon Doyle of Sugar Loaf, Kilmurray, died 17 Aug 1899 age 78, wife Mary died 18 Jul 1897 age 56.

update - just realized I misread your reply... your Doyles were from Carrigoona not Kilmurry

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline JAD81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:52 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately not, all George's and Edwards and Anthony's in my Doyles:) George and Sarah married 27 June 1881, rumour has it that William Neale wasn't too long burried at the time, who knows!? Don't have death record for either of them as the names are so common it's taking a while to track them down!! George Doyle was originally from the Scalp,dob 14 nov 1842. I know the headstones are quite hard to read in old graveyard so just might not be able to read his one. I did have a look at registry for graves in parish office but info for old graveyard was a bit sparce:)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 03 May 12 20:59 BST (UK) »
I've a similar problem with my Doyles - there's so many of them in Bray parish it gets difficult to tell which family each person belongs to, particularly since most of the records dont list an address. My Sarah Doyle's mother is named is Mary Byrne, so just as difficult as the Doyle.

As far as I remember Bray parish records, which covered Kilmacanogue, dont include any death/burials.

S.
My Surname Interests